My Election Day experience was nice and relaxed because of vote-by mail
AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli
It’s probably been five years since my wife and I signed up for vote-by mail, and as a result we are far more deliberate and informed when casting our votes. It is such a positive contrast to the anxiety I used to feel to hurry up and get it done while standing in a voting booth, knowing that the line of voters behind me snaked out the door and around a corner.
Here’s how it works at our house:
Our ballots arrive almost four weeks early. When the literature arrives with the biographies of each of the candidates, including judicial appointments, as well as profiles — pro and con — about ballot initiatives, Marcella and I sit down together and go through the ballot candidate by candidate, taking turns reading the bios and discussing who we think would be the best office-holder. Not surprisingly, we don’t always vote the same — but we always have taken time to talk about it and read about it.
So, Election Day 2012 for me was rather relaxed. No lines. No waiting. No anxiety. I just had to wait and hope my candidates won!
Jerry Borrowman is a Chartered Financial Consultant with a Masters Degree in Financial Services (MSFS). He is a best-selling author of World War I and II fiction and co-authored biography. Visit www.jerryborrowman.com to learn more.
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Brave woman tried to reason with London...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Stories behind viral Oklahoma tragedy photos...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 44
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- IRS role in Obamacare adds deeper layer... 16