My Election Day experience was nice and relaxed because of vote-by mail
AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli
It’s probably been five years since my wife and I signed up for vote-by mail, and as a result we are far more deliberate and informed when casting our votes. It is such a positive contrast to the anxiety I used to feel to hurry up and get it done while standing in a voting booth, knowing that the line of voters behind me snaked out the door and around a corner.
Here’s how it works at our house:
Our ballots arrive almost four weeks early. When the literature arrives with the biographies of each of the candidates, including judicial appointments, as well as profiles — pro and con — about ballot initiatives, Marcella and I sit down together and go through the ballot candidate by candidate, taking turns reading the bios and discussing who we think would be the best office-holder. Not surprisingly, we don’t always vote the same — but we always have taken time to talk about it and read about it.
So, Election Day 2012 for me was rather relaxed. No lines. No waiting. No anxiety. I just had to wait and hope my candidates won!
Jerry Borrowman is a Chartered Financial Consultant with a Masters Degree in Financial Services (MSFS). He is a best-selling author of World War I and II fiction and co-authored biography. Visit www.jerryborrowman.com to learn more.
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great for...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 14