My Election Day experience was nice and relaxed because of vote-by mail
AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli
It’s probably been five years since my wife and I signed up for vote-by mail, and as a result we are far more deliberate and informed when casting our votes. It is such a positive contrast to the anxiety I used to feel to hurry up and get it done while standing in a voting booth, knowing that the line of voters behind me snaked out the door and around a corner.
Here’s how it works at our house:
Our ballots arrive almost four weeks early. When the literature arrives with the biographies of each of the candidates, including judicial appointments, as well as profiles — pro and con — about ballot initiatives, Marcella and I sit down together and go through the ballot candidate by candidate, taking turns reading the bios and discussing who we think would be the best office-holder. Not surprisingly, we don’t always vote the same — but we always have taken time to talk about it and read about it.
So, Election Day 2012 for me was rather relaxed. No lines. No waiting. No anxiety. I just had to wait and hope my candidates won!
Jerry Borrowman is a Chartered Financial Consultant with a Masters Degree in Financial Services (MSFS). He is a best-selling author of World War I and II fiction and co-authored biography. Visit www.jerryborrowman.com to learn more.
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Train with plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- BYU-Idaho, Rexburg experience flooding after...
- Dutch tell rebels: Train full of bodies must...
- Survey: Public 'warm' to Jews, Catholics and...
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard to...
- To encourage saving, some states turn to prizes
- Obama will sign order barring gay,...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 35
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 22
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 18
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 17
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Liberals swoon for Elizabeth Warren,... 9