My Election Day experience was nice and relaxed because of vote-by mail
AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli
It’s probably been five years since my wife and I signed up for vote-by mail, and as a result we are far more deliberate and informed when casting our votes. It is such a positive contrast to the anxiety I used to feel to hurry up and get it done while standing in a voting booth, knowing that the line of voters behind me snaked out the door and around a corner.
Here’s how it works at our house:
Our ballots arrive almost four weeks early. When the literature arrives with the biographies of each of the candidates, including judicial appointments, as well as profiles — pro and con — about ballot initiatives, Marcella and I sit down together and go through the ballot candidate by candidate, taking turns reading the bios and discussing who we think would be the best office-holder. Not surprisingly, we don’t always vote the same — but we always have taken time to talk about it and read about it.
So, Election Day 2012 for me was rather relaxed. No lines. No waiting. No anxiety. I just had to wait and hope my candidates won!
Jerry Borrowman is a Chartered Financial Consultant with a Masters Degree in Financial Services (MSFS). He is a best-selling author of World War I and II fiction and co-authored biography. Visit www.jerryborrowman.com to learn more.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on courage...
- Jurors given conflicting views of Jodi Arias
- CVS tacks tobacco payment to prescription...
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 109
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 16
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 16
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8