Photo by Ray Boren, Deseret News
RICHFIELD — Kimberly Road, Fishlake National Forest road 113 (also known as the Mill Creek Road), is scheduled to be closed for about one to two weeks beginning Sunday.
The road will be closed for repairs between the Mill Creek Crossing and the Upper Kimberly private property.
The closure will be in effect while Piute County road crews work to install a mechanically stabilized earth-wall to repair a slide caused by heavy water runoff during 2011.
Alternate routes to access the Upper Kimberly area are via forest road 116 through Sevier Canyon from the north, and forest road 113, Beaver Canyon Road from the east.
Other roads and trails (motorized and nonmotorized) can be used to access this area but may be more difficult to traverse, including the route through Sevier Canyon.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13