Photo by Ray Boren, Deseret News
RICHFIELD — Kimberly Road, Fishlake National Forest road 113 (also known as the Mill Creek Road), is scheduled to be closed for about one to two weeks beginning Sunday.
The road will be closed for repairs between the Mill Creek Crossing and the Upper Kimberly private property.
The closure will be in effect while Piute County road crews work to install a mechanically stabilized earth-wall to repair a slide caused by heavy water runoff during 2011.
Alternate routes to access the Upper Kimberly area are via forest road 116 through Sevier Canyon from the north, and forest road 113, Beaver Canyon Road from the east.
Other roads and trails (motorized and nonmotorized) can be used to access this area but may be more difficult to traverse, including the route through Sevier Canyon.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 24
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22