Photo by Ray Boren, Deseret News
RICHFIELD — Kimberly Road, Fishlake National Forest road 113 (also known as the Mill Creek Road), is scheduled to be closed for about one to two weeks beginning Sunday.
The road will be closed for repairs between the Mill Creek Crossing and the Upper Kimberly private property.
The closure will be in effect while Piute County road crews work to install a mechanically stabilized earth-wall to repair a slide caused by heavy water runoff during 2011.
Alternate routes to access the Upper Kimberly area are via forest road 116 through Sevier Canyon from the north, and forest road 113, Beaver Canyon Road from the east.
Other roads and trails (motorized and nonmotorized) can be used to access this area but may be more difficult to traverse, including the route through Sevier Canyon.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 17
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11