Photo by Ray Boren, Deseret News
RICHFIELD — Kimberly Road, Fishlake National Forest road 113 (also known as the Mill Creek Road), is scheduled to be closed for about one to two weeks beginning Sunday.
The road will be closed for repairs between the Mill Creek Crossing and the Upper Kimberly private property.
The closure will be in effect while Piute County road crews work to install a mechanically stabilized earth-wall to repair a slide caused by heavy water runoff during 2011.
Alternate routes to access the Upper Kimberly area are via forest road 116 through Sevier Canyon from the north, and forest road 113, Beaver Canyon Road from the east.
Other roads and trails (motorized and nonmotorized) can be used to access this area but may be more difficult to traverse, including the route through Sevier Canyon.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 19
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14