Syracuse couple died in murder-suicide, police confirm
SYRACUSE — A couple found dead in their home Monday morning were victims of a murder-suicide, police confirmed Tuesday.
The bodies of Gary Lucero, 41, and his wife Jessica Lucero, 39, were found inside a room in their home at 2125 W. 903 South in Syracuse. Investigators believe Gary Lucero shot his wife with a handgun before turning the weapon on himself, said Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen.
There was no note, and Jensen declined to comment Tuesday whether the couple had any history of marital problems or about a possible motive for the attack.
"It's a tragic situation," he said.
Neighbors said the Luceros were well-known and respected in the community. Gary Lucero was known for his love of youth and youth sports. He and his wife headed up a youth lacrosse league, the Syracuse Snipers.
Both were civilian employees at Hill Air Force Base.
Friends say the couple had three children, two of whom were adults and had moved away. Their youngest child lived at home.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Third person arrested in Carbon County...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 52
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 47
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 34
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15