Syracuse couple died in murder-suicide, police confirm
SYRACUSE — A couple found dead in their home Monday morning were victims of a murder-suicide, police confirmed Tuesday.
The bodies of Gary Lucero, 41, and his wife Jessica Lucero, 39, were found inside a room in their home at 2125 W. 903 South in Syracuse. Investigators believe Gary Lucero shot his wife with a handgun before turning the weapon on himself, said Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen.
There was no note, and Jensen declined to comment Tuesday whether the couple had any history of marital problems or about a possible motive for the attack.
"It's a tragic situation," he said.
Neighbors said the Luceros were well-known and respected in the community. Gary Lucero was known for his love of youth and youth sports. He and his wife headed up a youth lacrosse league, the Syracuse Snipers.
Both were civilian employees at Hill Air Force Base.
Friends say the couple had three children, two of whom were adults and had moved away. Their youngest child lived at home.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 71
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14