SYRACUSE — A couple found dead in their home Monday morning were victims of a murder-suicide, police confirmed Tuesday.
The bodies of Gary Lucero, 41, and his wife Jessica Lucero, 39, were found inside a room in their home at 2125 W. 903 South in Syracuse. Investigators believe Gary Lucero shot his wife with a handgun before turning the weapon on himself, said Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen.
There was no note, and Jensen declined to comment Tuesday whether the couple had any history of marital problems or about a possible motive for the attack.
"It's a tragic situation," he said.
Neighbors said the Luceros were well-known and respected in the community. Gary Lucero was known for his love of youth and youth sports. He and his wife headed up a youth lacrosse league, the Syracuse Snipers.
Both were civilian employees at Hill Air Force Base.
Friends say the couple had three children, two of whom were adults and had moved away. Their youngest child lived at home.
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 23
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 21