Syracuse couple died in murder-suicide, police confirm
SYRACUSE — A couple found dead in their home Monday morning were victims of a murder-suicide, police confirmed Tuesday.
The bodies of Gary Lucero, 41, and his wife Jessica Lucero, 39, were found inside a room in their home at 2125 W. 903 South in Syracuse. Investigators believe Gary Lucero shot his wife with a handgun before turning the weapon on himself, said Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen.
There was no note, and Jensen declined to comment Tuesday whether the couple had any history of marital problems or about a possible motive for the attack.
"It's a tragic situation," he said.
Neighbors said the Luceros were well-known and respected in the community. Gary Lucero was known for his love of youth and youth sports. He and his wife headed up a youth lacrosse league, the Syracuse Snipers.
Both were civilian employees at Hill Air Force Base.
Friends say the couple had three children, two of whom were adults and had moved away. Their youngest child lived at home.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 34
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 31
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22
- Government regulation has become like... 22