USU football: Senior defensive back credits football for instilling discipline and leadership into his core values
On top of that, Robertson looks to be flexible and willing to do whatever the coaching staff asks of him.
“I just have to do my job whatever it is – if I’m starting or if I’m not, if I’m on special teams, if I need to help out the guy in front of me,” Robertson said. “I just need to fulfill my role so we can keep going on and keep being successful.”
As the team continues to build on the best start since 1982, Robertson is realizing how quickly the end of his collegiate career is coming to an end. He intends to make the most out of each day of practice and the remaining five games. He wants to do whatever it takes to be remembered.
“My goal is just to do the best I can every game,” Robertson said. “It’s a goal of mine to make a big play every game, no matter when it is. I want to make a big play that people will remember.”
Robertson’s work does not go unnoticed by the Aggie coaching staff.
“Jumanne is a hard worker. He’s a very independent young man, so he can come off as quiet and sometimes almost has a mean look on his face, but once you get to know him he’s a funny guy,” Shaver said. “It’s a pleasure to coach him and it’s great to have him around.”
Robertson will graduate from Utah State in May with a degree in sociology. He is currently doing an internship at Logan High School in school counseling and will pursue that as a career when his football days are over. He intends to participate in a Pro Day with the hope of continuing his career but says he is ready to accept whatever future lies ahead.
“What’s up next is in God’s hands,” Robertson said.
Robertson is grateful for his “miraculous” opportunity to have been a part of Utah State football.
“The time here is short. It’s real short. So take advantage of it, even the days where you don’t want to come out, you have to be a man about it,” Robertson said. “Take advantage of the days you have.”
Megan Allen writes for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 111
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 69
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37