The Utah Jazz fell to the Memphis Grizzlies, 103-94, in Memphis.
After outscoring the Grizzlies 25-18 in the first quarter, the Jazz were then outscored in each of the final three quarters.
Gordon Hayward led the Jazz in scoring with 19 points on 9-17 shooting. Mo Williams added 17 points and eight assists for the Jazz. Al Jefferson was the only Jazz player with a double-double on the night, scoring 11 points and pulling down 10 boards. The Jazz had six players who scored in double figures.
Marc Gasol had 22 points and eight rebounds for the Grizzlies. Zack Randolph had a monster night, scoring 16 points and grabbing 18 boards for Memphis.
The Jazz were beaten in almost every phase of the game. Utah had 15 turnovers compared to 12 for Memphis and was outrebounded 51-42.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 3A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 49
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29