Man tries to scare away party crashers by firing a gun
VERNAL — A man trying to get party crashers out of his house may want to rethink his methods.
Donny Mendoza, 29, was hosting a party near Vernal on Saturday night with about 30 people, including some guests who weren't invited. Mendoza reportedly asked those people to leave several times, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Office.
After failing to get the uninvited crashers to go, Mendoza got a pistol and fired several rounds into the air, outside his house, to scare them away, said Undersheriff John Laursen.
Partygoers who left the house called police. Deputies arrived a short time later at Mendoza's residence and arrested him for investigation of weapons violations.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Holladay man killed, son injured in shooting...
- Teen in critical condition after friend...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 29
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 28
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11