Man tries to scare away party crashers by firing a gun
VERNAL — A man trying to get party crashers out of his house may want to rethink his methods.
Donny Mendoza, 29, was hosting a party near Vernal on Saturday night with about 30 people, including some guests who weren't invited. Mendoza reportedly asked those people to leave several times, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Office.
After failing to get the uninvited crashers to go, Mendoza got a pistol and fired several rounds into the air, outside his house, to scare them away, said Undersheriff John Laursen.
Partygoers who left the house called police. Deputies arrived a short time later at Mendoza's residence and arrested him for investigation of weapons violations.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13