Man tries to scare away party crashers by firing a gun
VERNAL — A man trying to get party crashers out of his house may want to rethink his methods.
Donny Mendoza, 29, was hosting a party near Vernal on Saturday night with about 30 people, including some guests who weren't invited. Mendoza reportedly asked those people to leave several times, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Office.
After failing to get the uninvited crashers to go, Mendoza got a pistol and fired several rounds into the air, outside his house, to scare them away, said Undersheriff John Laursen.
Partygoers who left the house called police. Deputies arrived a short time later at Mendoza's residence and arrested him for investigation of weapons violations.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8