Man tries to scare away party crashers by firing a gun
VERNAL — A man trying to get party crashers out of his house may want to rethink his methods.
Donny Mendoza, 29, was hosting a party near Vernal on Saturday night with about 30 people, including some guests who weren't invited. Mendoza reportedly asked those people to leave several times, according to the Uintah County Sheriff's Office.
After failing to get the uninvited crashers to go, Mendoza got a pistol and fired several rounds into the air, outside his house, to scare them away, said Undersheriff John Laursen.
Partygoers who left the house called police. Deputies arrived a short time later at Mendoza's residence and arrested him for investigation of weapons violations.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19