Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — A dental products manufacturer hopes the odds are ever in the favor of reaching its food drive goals.
Ultradent Products Inc. is holding its annual food drive, which started Monday and runs until Nov. 15. The firm kicked off its drive with a Hunger Games-inspired games program.
For more than 10 years, Ultradent employees have raised money and collected canned goods for the Utah Food Bank.
Last year, employees collected $19,803.31 and 3,797 pounds of canned goods bringing the total to 83,010 lbs of canned goods, according to a press release. Between 700 and 900 employees participate in the food drive each year.
This year's goal is to bring the total amount of canned good collected to 100,000 pounds The public can participate in the food drive by contacting Jean Nugent at Ultradent 801-553-4233. Ultradent will give the Utah Food Bank the donations and a check on Nov. 27.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15