Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — A dental products manufacturer hopes the odds are ever in the favor of reaching its food drive goals.
Ultradent Products Inc. is holding its annual food drive, which started Monday and runs until Nov. 15. The firm kicked off its drive with a Hunger Games-inspired games program.
For more than 10 years, Ultradent employees have raised money and collected canned goods for the Utah Food Bank.
Last year, employees collected $19,803.31 and 3,797 pounds of canned goods bringing the total to 83,010 lbs of canned goods, according to a press release. Between 700 and 900 employees participate in the food drive each year.
This year's goal is to bring the total amount of canned good collected to 100,000 pounds The public can participate in the food drive by contacting Jean Nugent at Ultradent 801-553-4233. Ultradent will give the Utah Food Bank the donations and a check on Nov. 27.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 83
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15