Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — A dental products manufacturer hopes the odds are ever in the favor of reaching its food drive goals.
Ultradent Products Inc. is holding its annual food drive, which started Monday and runs until Nov. 15. The firm kicked off its drive with a Hunger Games-inspired games program.
For more than 10 years, Ultradent employees have raised money and collected canned goods for the Utah Food Bank.
Last year, employees collected $19,803.31 and 3,797 pounds of canned goods bringing the total to 83,010 lbs of canned goods, according to a press release. Between 700 and 900 employees participate in the food drive each year.
This year's goal is to bring the total amount of canned good collected to 100,000 pounds The public can participate in the food drive by contacting Jean Nugent at Ultradent 801-553-4233. Ultradent will give the Utah Food Bank the donations and a check on Nov. 27.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17