Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SOUTH JORDAN — A dental products manufacturer hopes the odds are ever in the favor of reaching its food drive goals.
Ultradent Products Inc. is holding its annual food drive, which started Monday and runs until Nov. 15. The firm kicked off its drive with a Hunger Games-inspired games program.
For more than 10 years, Ultradent employees have raised money and collected canned goods for the Utah Food Bank.
Last year, employees collected $19,803.31 and 3,797 pounds of canned goods bringing the total to 83,010 lbs of canned goods, according to a press release. Between 700 and 900 employees participate in the food drive each year.
This year's goal is to bring the total amount of canned good collected to 100,000 pounds The public can participate in the food drive by contacting Jean Nugent at Ultradent 801-553-4233. Ultradent will give the Utah Food Bank the donations and a check on Nov. 27.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10