Motorcycle driver in critical condition after I-80 crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A 40-year-old man is in critical condition after slamming his motorcycle into the back of an SUV on I-80 Sunday.
The accident occured just after 4 p.m. on eastbound I-80 near 500 East.
Mary Kaye Lucas with the Department of Public Safety said the motorcycle driver's speed is being investigated.
According to officers the driver of the motorcycle was travelling at high speeds, couldn't stop and hit the SUV with enough force to dent the back of the vehicle and break out the rear window. The motorcycle was totaled.
The driver was taken by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
No further information was available about the driver pending family notification.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Police search for new public enemy No. 1:...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- City officals say North Salt Lake not liable...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22