Motorcycle driver in critical condition after I-80 crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A 40-year-old man is in critical condition after slamming his motorcycle into the back of an SUV on I-80 Sunday.
The accident occured just after 4 p.m. on eastbound I-80 near 500 East.
Mary Kaye Lucas with the Department of Public Safety said the motorcycle driver's speed is being investigated.
According to officers the driver of the motorcycle was travelling at high speeds, couldn't stop and hit the SUV with enough force to dent the back of the vehicle and break out the rear window. The motorcycle was totaled.
The driver was taken by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
No further information was available about the driver pending family notification.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 91
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18