Motorcycle driver in critical condition after I-80 crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A 40-year-old man is in critical condition after slamming his motorcycle into the back of an SUV on I-80 Sunday.
The accident occured just after 4 p.m. on eastbound I-80 near 500 East.
Mary Kaye Lucas with the Department of Public Safety said the motorcycle driver's speed is being investigated.
According to officers the driver of the motorcycle was travelling at high speeds, couldn't stop and hit the SUV with enough force to dent the back of the vehicle and break out the rear window. The motorcycle was totaled.
The driver was taken by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
No further information was available about the driver pending family notification.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 11
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 9