Motorcycle driver in critical condition after I-80 crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A 40-year-old man is in critical condition after slamming his motorcycle into the back of an SUV on I-80 Sunday.
The accident occured just after 4 p.m. on eastbound I-80 near 500 East.
Mary Kaye Lucas with the Department of Public Safety said the motorcycle driver's speed is being investigated.
According to officers the driver of the motorcycle was travelling at high speeds, couldn't stop and hit the SUV with enough force to dent the back of the vehicle and break out the rear window. The motorcycle was totaled.
The driver was taken by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
No further information was available about the driver pending family notification.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26