Motorcycle driver in critical condition after I-80 crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A 40-year-old man is in critical condition after slamming his motorcycle into the back of an SUV on I-80 Sunday.
The accident occured just after 4 p.m. on eastbound I-80 near 500 East.
Mary Kaye Lucas with the Department of Public Safety said the motorcycle driver's speed is being investigated.
According to officers the driver of the motorcycle was travelling at high speeds, couldn't stop and hit the SUV with enough force to dent the back of the vehicle and break out the rear window. The motorcycle was totaled.
The driver was taken by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
No further information was available about the driver pending family notification.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 26
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14