West Jordan man arrested after allegedly stabbing wife
WEST JORDAN — Police arrested a 30-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder for allegedly stabbing his wife during an argument early Sunday.
A fight between the man and his wife started about 2 a.m. in their home near 9100 South and 4800 West, said West Jordan police office J.C. Holt.
The man allegedly choked the woman to the point where she couldn't breathe and then threatened her with a knife, he said. She was treated at the hospital for defensive-type stab wounds.
"The injuries were superficial," Holt said.
The couple's three children were in the home during the alleged assault.
Holt said the man left the house in a hurry and caused some some damage to his car and other property. "He knew that the police were coming," he said. "I don't think he wanted to be there when we got there."
Police apprehended him nearby a short time later. Alcohol was involved in the incident, he said.
Travis Lorenzo Heath, of West Jordan, was booked into the Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of attempted murder, aggravated assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child, according to jail records.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- Jonathan Johnson says voters 'ready for a...
- Gov. Gary Herbert running hard for second...
- About Utah: Former Utah Jazz CEO Greg Miller...
- SUV runs red light, knocks over ambulance...
- Father of Darrien Hunt opposes ex-wife's...
- Fugitive arrested after allegedly firing a...
- Warnings come true: Indicted FLDS leader Lyle...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 73
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 42
- Chaffetz: I'm going to be 'kid in a... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 24
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 22
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 20