West Jordan man arrested after allegedly stabbing wife
WEST JORDAN — Police arrested a 30-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder for allegedly stabbing his wife during an argument early Sunday.
A fight between the man and his wife started about 2 a.m. in their home near 9100 South and 4800 West, said West Jordan police office J.C. Holt.
The man allegedly choked the woman to the point where she couldn't breathe and then threatened her with a knife, he said. She was treated at the hospital for defensive-type stab wounds.
"The injuries were superficial," Holt said.
The couple's three children were in the home during the alleged assault.
Holt said the man left the house in a hurry and caused some some damage to his car and other property. "He knew that the police were coming," he said. "I don't think he wanted to be there when we got there."
Police apprehended him nearby a short time later. Alcohol was involved in the incident, he said.
Travis Lorenzo Heath, of West Jordan, was booked into the Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of attempted murder, aggravated assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child, according to jail records.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- Families protest at final prison relocation...
- State parks of Utah: Northern region
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 52
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Families protest at final prison... 29
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 19
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Watchdog group accuses Utah lawmaker of... 15