West Jordan man arrested after allegedly stabbing wife
WEST JORDAN — Police arrested a 30-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder for allegedly stabbing his wife during an argument early Sunday.
A fight between the man and his wife started about 2 a.m. in their home near 9100 South and 4800 West, said West Jordan police office J.C. Holt.
The man allegedly choked the woman to the point where she couldn't breathe and then threatened her with a knife, he said. She was treated at the hospital for defensive-type stab wounds.
"The injuries were superficial," Holt said.
The couple's three children were in the home during the alleged assault.
Holt said the man left the house in a hurry and caused some some damage to his car and other property. "He knew that the police were coming," he said. "I don't think he wanted to be there when we got there."
Police apprehended him nearby a short time later. Alcohol was involved in the incident, he said.
Travis Lorenzo Heath, of West Jordan, was booked into the Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of attempted murder, aggravated assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child, according to jail records.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah bus drivers put safety to the test
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 28
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12