West Jordan man arrested after allegedly stabbing wife
WEST JORDAN — Police arrested a 30-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder for allegedly stabbing his wife during an argument early Sunday.
A fight between the man and his wife started about 2 a.m. in their home near 9100 South and 4800 West, said West Jordan police office J.C. Holt.
The man allegedly choked the woman to the point where she couldn't breathe and then threatened her with a knife, he said. She was treated at the hospital for defensive-type stab wounds.
"The injuries were superficial," Holt said.
The couple's three children were in the home during the alleged assault.
Holt said the man left the house in a hurry and caused some some damage to his car and other property. "He knew that the police were coming," he said. "I don't think he wanted to be there when we got there."
Police apprehended him nearby a short time later. Alcohol was involved in the incident, he said.
Travis Lorenzo Heath, of West Jordan, was booked into the Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of attempted murder, aggravated assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child, according to jail records.
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12