West Jordan man arrested after allegedly stabbing wife
WEST JORDAN — Police arrested a 30-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder for allegedly stabbing his wife during an argument early Sunday.
A fight between the man and his wife started about 2 a.m. in their home near 9100 South and 4800 West, said West Jordan police office J.C. Holt.
The man allegedly choked the woman to the point where she couldn't breathe and then threatened her with a knife, he said. She was treated at the hospital for defensive-type stab wounds.
"The injuries were superficial," Holt said.
The couple's three children were in the home during the alleged assault.
Holt said the man left the house in a hurry and caused some some damage to his car and other property. "He knew that the police were coming," he said. "I don't think he wanted to be there when we got there."
Police apprehended him nearby a short time later. Alcohol was involved in the incident, he said.
Travis Lorenzo Heath, of West Jordan, was booked into the Salt Lake County jail on suspicion of attempted murder, aggravated assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child, according to jail records.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 48
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 33
- Climate change and national forests:... 31
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 23
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 21