Vehicle hits and kills woman on South Salt Lake street
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 39-year-old woman died after being struck by a car while crossing the street Saturday night, police said.
A northbound vehicle hit the woman about 9 p.m. as she crossed 300 East at 2763 South, said South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
"She was not in a crosswalk, but she was in very close proximity to a crosswalk," he said.
An ambulance transported the woman to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead, Keller said. Police have not released her name.
Keller said there was no indication of alcohol use with the male driver or the victim. The case will be turned over to the district attorney's office to determine if any charges would be filed, he said.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12