Vehicle hits and kills woman on South Salt Lake street
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 39-year-old woman died after being struck by a car while crossing the street Saturday night, police said.
A northbound vehicle hit the woman about 9 p.m. as she crossed 300 East at 2763 South, said South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
"She was not in a crosswalk, but she was in very close proximity to a crosswalk," he said.
An ambulance transported the woman to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead, Keller said. Police have not released her name.
Keller said there was no indication of alcohol use with the male driver or the victim. The case will be turned over to the district attorney's office to determine if any charges would be filed, he said.
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 35
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 21
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20