Vehicle hits and kills woman on South Salt Lake street
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 39-year-old woman died after being struck by a car while crossing the street Saturday night, police said.
A northbound vehicle hit the woman about 9 p.m. as she crossed 300 East at 2763 South, said South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
"She was not in a crosswalk, but she was in very close proximity to a crosswalk," he said.
An ambulance transported the woman to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead, Keller said. Police have not released her name.
Keller said there was no indication of alcohol use with the male driver or the victim. The case will be turned over to the district attorney's office to determine if any charges would be filed, he said.
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9