Vehicle hits and kills woman on South Salt Lake street
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 39-year-old woman died after being struck by a car while crossing the street Saturday night, police said.
A northbound vehicle hit the woman about 9 p.m. as she crossed 300 East at 2763 South, said South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
"She was not in a crosswalk, but she was in very close proximity to a crosswalk," he said.
An ambulance transported the woman to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead, Keller said. Police have not released her name.
Keller said there was no indication of alcohol use with the male driver or the victim. The case will be turned over to the district attorney's office to determine if any charges would be filed, he said.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Third person arrested in Carbon County...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 33
- Federal government extends same-sex... 31
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 30
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15