Vehicle hits and kills woman on South Salt Lake street
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 39-year-old woman died after being struck by a car while crossing the street Saturday night, police said.
A northbound vehicle hit the woman about 9 p.m. as she crossed 300 East at 2763 South, said South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
"She was not in a crosswalk, but she was in very close proximity to a crosswalk," he said.
An ambulance transported the woman to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead, Keller said. Police have not released her name.
Keller said there was no indication of alcohol use with the male driver or the victim. The case will be turned over to the district attorney's office to determine if any charges would be filed, he said.
- LDS missionary critically injured in Oklahoma...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Utah County teen made 'swatting' threats...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 41
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 34
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 28
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22