Vehicle hits and kills woman on South Salt Lake street
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 39-year-old woman died after being struck by a car while crossing the street Saturday night, police said.
A northbound vehicle hit the woman about 9 p.m. as she crossed 300 East at 2763 South, said South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
"She was not in a crosswalk, but she was in very close proximity to a crosswalk," he said.
An ambulance transported the woman to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead, Keller said. Police have not released her name.
Keller said there was no indication of alcohol use with the male driver or the victim. The case will be turned over to the district attorney's office to determine if any charges would be filed, he said.
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 59
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 42
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12