Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reaches milestone of coaching 100 games for Utes
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Kyle Whittingham became the third coach in Utah history to reach 100 games at the helm, joining Ike Armstrong (1925-49) and Ron McBride (1990-2002). Whittingham reached the milestone with a 70-30 record — behind Armstrong (72-23-5) and ahead of McBride (59-41).
When asked if he had another 100 games in him, the 52-year-old Whittingham sighed.
“It took about 20 years off my life, these 100,” he said. “So I can’t answer that. It’s just one week at a time. But thanks for bringing that up.”
— Dirk Facer
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28