Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reaches milestone of coaching 100 games for Utes
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Kyle Whittingham became the third coach in Utah history to reach 100 games at the helm, joining Ike Armstrong (1925-49) and Ron McBride (1990-2002). Whittingham reached the milestone with a 70-30 record — behind Armstrong (72-23-5) and ahead of McBride (59-41).
When asked if he had another 100 games in him, the 52-year-old Whittingham sighed.
“It took about 20 years off my life, these 100,” he said. “So I can’t answer that. It’s just one week at a time. But thanks for bringing that up.”
— Dirk Facer
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48