Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reaches milestone of coaching 100 games for Utes
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Kyle Whittingham became the third coach in Utah history to reach 100 games at the helm, joining Ike Armstrong (1925-49) and Ron McBride (1990-2002). Whittingham reached the milestone with a 70-30 record — behind Armstrong (72-23-5) and ahead of McBride (59-41).
When asked if he had another 100 games in him, the 52-year-old Whittingham sighed.
“It took about 20 years off my life, these 100,” he said. “So I can’t answer that. It’s just one week at a time. But thanks for bringing that up.”
— Dirk Facer
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig Bills...
- Former BYU star Russell Larson enjoys...
- Dante's shadow: Breaking down Dante Exum's game
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 131
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 74
- Dick Harmon: Every player on BYU's... 71
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utah Utes football: No. 23 Utes defeat... 52
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- BYU gets bowl-eligible with 42-23 win... 25
- Utes still have outside chance at... 25