Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reaches milestone of coaching 100 games for Utes
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Kyle Whittingham became the third coach in Utah history to reach 100 games at the helm, joining Ike Armstrong (1925-49) and Ron McBride (1990-2002). Whittingham reached the milestone with a 70-30 record — behind Armstrong (72-23-5) and ahead of McBride (59-41).
When asked if he had another 100 games in him, the 52-year-old Whittingham sighed.
“It took about 20 years off my life, these 100,” he said. “So I can’t answer that. It’s just one week at a time. But thanks for bringing that up.”
— Dirk Facer
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 59
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32