Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reaches milestone of coaching 100 games for Utes
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Kyle Whittingham became the third coach in Utah history to reach 100 games at the helm, joining Ike Armstrong (1925-49) and Ron McBride (1990-2002). Whittingham reached the milestone with a 70-30 record — behind Armstrong (72-23-5) and ahead of McBride (59-41).
When asked if he had another 100 games in him, the 52-year-old Whittingham sighed.
“It took about 20 years off my life, these 100,” he said. “So I can’t answer that. It’s just one week at a time. But thanks for bringing that up.”
— Dirk Facer
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 71
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21