Utah Utes football: Utes take big lead over Washington State in first half
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Wolfman is back.
Ute running back John White had a sensational first half, rushing for more than 100 yards in 16 attempts and three touchdowns in just two quarters.
The Utah offense that has been criticized over the season got the ball rolling by scoring on four of their first five possessions. They have 285 total yards and are four of six in third down conversions in the first half.
The Utah defense held WSU to 116 total yards.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16