Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Wolfman is back.
Ute running back John White had a sensational first half, rushing for more than 100 yards in 16 attempts and three touchdowns in just two quarters.
The Utah offense that has been criticized over the season got the ball rolling by scoring on four of their first five possessions. They have 285 total yards and are four of six in third down conversions in the first half.
The Utah defense held WSU to 116 total yards.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 53
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 44