Utah State football: Chuckie Keeton puts USU Aggies up 35-0 at half vs. Texas State
LOGAN — Welcome to the Chuckie Keeton show.
Utah State’s sophomore quarterback shredded Texas State’s defense, accounting for five touchdowns in the first half, en route to putting the Aggies up 35-0 at halftime.
Keeton went into the locker room 13 of 15 for 211 yards and four touchdown passes to four different receivers. Keeton accounted for the other touchdown with his legs, adding 37 yards rushing and a score to his totals. His only two incompletions came on a dropped pass and on a throwaway to avoid a sack.
On the other side of the ball, it was more of the same for the Aggie defense. The Bobcats threatened to score on their first drive of the game before cornerback Will Davis intercepted the ball in the end zone. After that Texas State never seriously threatened again and was held to just 128 yards of total offense. Utah State has allowed just six points in the first quarter all season and 45 total points in the first half.
The Aggies can earn their first eight-win season since 1974 by holding on to the lead in the second half.
Kraig is a 2010 Utah State University graduate and regular Deseret News sports blogger. He can be reached at email@example.com or followed on Twitter at DesNewsKraig.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 22