Utah State football: Chuckie Keeton puts USU Aggies up 35-0 at half vs. Texas State
LOGAN — Welcome to the Chuckie Keeton show.
Utah State’s sophomore quarterback shredded Texas State’s defense, accounting for five touchdowns in the first half, en route to putting the Aggies up 35-0 at halftime.
Keeton went into the locker room 13 of 15 for 211 yards and four touchdown passes to four different receivers. Keeton accounted for the other touchdown with his legs, adding 37 yards rushing and a score to his totals. His only two incompletions came on a dropped pass and on a throwaway to avoid a sack.
On the other side of the ball, it was more of the same for the Aggie defense. The Bobcats threatened to score on their first drive of the game before cornerback Will Davis intercepted the ball in the end zone. After that Texas State never seriously threatened again and was held to just 128 yards of total offense. Utah State has allowed just six points in the first quarter all season and 45 total points in the first half.
The Aggies can earn their first eight-win season since 1974 by holding on to the lead in the second half.
Kraig is a 2010 Utah State University graduate and regular Deseret News sports blogger. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or followed on Twitter at DesNewsKraig.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 75
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36