In its second-to-last regular-season road match of the season, Utah State volleyball will face New Mexico State at Las Cruces, N.M., on Saturday, Nov. 3. The clash of the Aggies is slated for a 7 p.m. (MT) start from NMSU's Pan American Center.
USU improved to 18-7 overall and 13-2 in Western Athletic Conference action with a 3-2 win at Denver Thursday night, for USU's school-record 13th WAC win, the navy Aggies' most conference victories in the program's history, bettering the previous mark of 12 Big West Conference wins in 2001.
A win by first-place Utah State over second-place New Mexico State on Saturday would clinch at least a share of the regular-season WAC title for USU, as well as the top seed in the WAC Tournament. NMSU is also 18-7 overall and 11-3 in WAC play, having beaten Seattle in four sets Monday and sweeping San Jose State on Thrusday.
Saturday's match will be televised on AggieVision, which can be found on selected cable and satellite stations. Check local listings or www.AggieVision.tv for more information, as it will be aired on tape-delay several times throughout the weekend. It will also be streamed on ESPN3.com.
Utah State also won its seventh-straight road match to tie the 1978 squad for the most single-season consecutive road wins in a season mark. The northern Aggies won their fifth-straight win overall as well as winning their eighth WAC match in their last nine. Overall, USU has won 10 of its last 12 matches.
Saturday’s match is a battle of the top two teams in the league stats for opponent hitting percentage, as USU is first in the overall stats (.158), while NMSU is second (.163), as well as in league only stats, as USU leads at .139 while NMSU is second at .143.
Utah State will play at San Jose State on Saturday, Nov. 10, in its final road match of the regular season, before returning home to host Texas State on Wednesday, Nov. 14, in the Aggies’ final home match. It will be Senior Night as USU will be honoring its three seniors: Kassi Hargrove, Shay Sorensen and Josselyn White.
Utah State volleyball tickets are available by contacting the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 67
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 53
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 33
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31