The Utah Jazz lost 88-86 to the Hornets in New Orleans.
The Jazz went on a 7-0 run to start the fourth quarter. At that point, the Jazz led 70-67. Then the Hornets went on a little run of their own, scoring six unanswered points, leading the Jazz 73-70.
With the ball, the Hornets trailed by two with less than a minute left, until Ryan Anderson hit a 3-pointer to give the Hornets a one-point lead. Anderson finished with 19 points and shot 5-9 from deep.
After a Jazz miss and two free throws by New Orleans. Mo Williams missed a wide-open three but got a loose-ball rebound. With a hand in his face, Paul Millsap drained a 3-pointer to tie the game at 86, with 7.1 seconds left.
New Orleans' Greivis Vasquez drove to the basket and made a floater with 1.3 remaining. Williams then missed a three as time expired. Williams finished with 16 points but shot just 6-16 from the field and 2-8 from deep. The Jazz shot just 41.2 percent for the game and only made 10-28 from beyond the arc.
Newly acquired Jazz man Randy Foye led all scorers with 20 points on 8-16 shooting. He also made 4-7 from beyond the arc.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 43
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 39
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6