The Utah Jazz lost 88-86 to the Hornets in New Orleans.
The Jazz went on a 7-0 run to start the fourth quarter. At that point, the Jazz led 70-67. Then the Hornets went on a little run of their own, scoring six unanswered points, leading the Jazz 73-70.
With the ball, the Hornets trailed by two with less than a minute left, until Ryan Anderson hit a 3-pointer to give the Hornets a one-point lead. Anderson finished with 19 points and shot 5-9 from deep.
After a Jazz miss and two free throws by New Orleans. Mo Williams missed a wide-open three but got a loose-ball rebound. With a hand in his face, Paul Millsap drained a 3-pointer to tie the game at 86, with 7.1 seconds left.
New Orleans' Greivis Vasquez drove to the basket and made a floater with 1.3 remaining. Williams then missed a three as time expired. Williams finished with 16 points but shot just 6-16 from the field and 2-8 from deep. The Jazz shot just 41.2 percent for the game and only made 10-28 from beyond the arc.
Newly acquired Jazz man Randy Foye led all scorers with 20 points on 8-16 shooting. He also made 4-7 from beyond the arc.
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will...
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU fans...
- Nicholls State assistant football coach is...
- Reports: Former BYU star Brett Keisel agrees...
- Rock On: BYU soccer star gone, not forgotten
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson for...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 131
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 92
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 70
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 64
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 44
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 40
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29