The Utah Jazz lost 88-86 to the Hornets in New Orleans.
The Jazz went on a 7-0 run to start the fourth quarter. At that point, the Jazz led 70-67. Then the Hornets went on a little run of their own, scoring six unanswered points, leading the Jazz 73-70.
With the ball, the Hornets trailed by two with less than a minute left, until Ryan Anderson hit a 3-pointer to give the Hornets a one-point lead. Anderson finished with 19 points and shot 5-9 from deep.
After a Jazz miss and two free throws by New Orleans. Mo Williams missed a wide-open three but got a loose-ball rebound. With a hand in his face, Paul Millsap drained a 3-pointer to tie the game at 86, with 7.1 seconds left.
New Orleans' Greivis Vasquez drove to the basket and made a floater with 1.3 remaining. Williams then missed a three as time expired. Williams finished with 16 points but shot just 6-16 from the field and 2-8 from deep. The Jazz shot just 41.2 percent for the game and only made 10-28 from beyond the arc.
Newly acquired Jazz man Randy Foye led all scorers with 20 points on 8-16 shooting. He also made 4-7 from beyond the arc.
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 36