The Utah Jazz lost 88-86 to the Hornets in New Orleans.
The Jazz went on a 7-0 run to start the fourth quarter. At that point, the Jazz led 70-67. Then the Hornets went on a little run of their own, scoring six unanswered points, leading the Jazz 73-70.
With the ball, the Hornets trailed by two with less than a minute left, until Ryan Anderson hit a 3-pointer to give the Hornets a one-point lead. Anderson finished with 19 points and shot 5-9 from deep.
After a Jazz miss and two free throws by New Orleans. Mo Williams missed a wide-open three but got a loose-ball rebound. With a hand in his face, Paul Millsap drained a 3-pointer to tie the game at 86, with 7.1 seconds left.
New Orleans' Greivis Vasquez drove to the basket and made a floater with 1.3 remaining. Williams then missed a three as time expired. Williams finished with 16 points but shot just 6-16 from the field and 2-8 from deep. The Jazz shot just 41.2 percent for the game and only made 10-28 from beyond the arc.
Newly acquired Jazz man Randy Foye led all scorers with 20 points on 8-16 shooting. He also made 4-7 from beyond the arc.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 46
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 36
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30