The Utah Jazz lost 88-86 to the Hornets in New Orleans.
The Jazz went on a 7-0 run to start the fourth quarter. At that point, the Jazz led 70-67. Then the Hornets went on a little run of their own, scoring six unanswered points, leading the Jazz 73-70.
With the ball, the Hornets trailed by two with less than a minute left, until Ryan Anderson hit a 3-pointer to give the Hornets a one-point lead. Anderson finished with 19 points and shot 5-9 from deep.
After a Jazz miss and two free throws by New Orleans. Mo Williams missed a wide-open three but got a loose-ball rebound. With a hand in his face, Paul Millsap drained a 3-pointer to tie the game at 86, with 7.1 seconds left.
New Orleans' Greivis Vasquez drove to the basket and made a floater with 1.3 remaining. Williams then missed a three as time expired. Williams finished with 16 points but shot just 6-16 from the field and 2-8 from deep. The Jazz shot just 41.2 percent for the game and only made 10-28 from beyond the arc.
Newly acquired Jazz man Randy Foye led all scorers with 20 points on 8-16 shooting. He also made 4-7 from beyond the arc.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 93
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26