46K-pound roll of sheet metal falls off truck on I-15 in Draper
DRAPER — Southbound traffic on I-15 was slowed for a couple of hours Friday afternoon after a 46,000-pound roll of sheet metal fell out of a truck near 13000 South.
"The chain that was securing it, for whatever reason, broke and the sheet metal rolled off the truck and off onto the right-hand side of the freeway," Utah Highway Patrol spokeswoman MaryKaye Lucas said. "It managed to miss everybody."
No other vehicles were involved in the accident, Lucas said, but the spill still slowed traffic for about two hours Friday. It took a crane to move the roll of sheet metal off the freeway.
The accident happened about 2:45 p.m. and was cleared by 5:30 p.m.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26