46K-pound roll of sheet metal falls off truck on I-15 in Draper
DRAPER — Southbound traffic on I-15 was slowed for a couple of hours Friday afternoon after a 46,000-pound roll of sheet metal fell out of a truck near 13000 South.
"The chain that was securing it, for whatever reason, broke and the sheet metal rolled off the truck and off onto the right-hand side of the freeway," Utah Highway Patrol spokeswoman MaryKaye Lucas said. "It managed to miss everybody."
No other vehicles were involved in the accident, Lucas said, but the spill still slowed traffic for about two hours Friday. It took a crane to move the roll of sheet metal off the freeway.
The accident happened about 2:45 p.m. and was cleared by 5:30 p.m.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19