DRAPER — Southbound traffic on I-15 was slowed for a couple of hours Friday afternoon after a 46,000-pound roll of sheet metal fell out of a truck near 13000 South.
"The chain that was securing it, for whatever reason, broke and the sheet metal rolled off the truck and off onto the right-hand side of the freeway," Utah Highway Patrol spokeswoman MaryKaye Lucas said. "It managed to miss everybody."
No other vehicles were involved in the accident, Lucas said, but the spill still slowed traffic for about two hours Friday. It took a crane to move the roll of sheet metal off the freeway.
The accident happened about 2:45 p.m. and was cleared by 5:30 p.m.
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 73
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 59
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24