46K-pound roll of sheet metal falls off truck on I-15 in Draper
DRAPER — Southbound traffic on I-15 was slowed for a couple of hours Friday afternoon after a 46,000-pound roll of sheet metal fell out of a truck near 13000 South.
"The chain that was securing it, for whatever reason, broke and the sheet metal rolled off the truck and off onto the right-hand side of the freeway," Utah Highway Patrol spokeswoman MaryKaye Lucas said. "It managed to miss everybody."
No other vehicles were involved in the accident, Lucas said, but the spill still slowed traffic for about two hours Friday. It took a crane to move the roll of sheet metal off the freeway.
The accident happened about 2:45 p.m. and was cleared by 5:30 p.m.
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 51
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 30
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15