46K-pound roll of sheet metal falls off truck on I-15 in Draper
DRAPER — Southbound traffic on I-15 was slowed for a couple of hours Friday afternoon after a 46,000-pound roll of sheet metal fell out of a truck near 13000 South.
"The chain that was securing it, for whatever reason, broke and the sheet metal rolled off the truck and off onto the right-hand side of the freeway," Utah Highway Patrol spokeswoman MaryKaye Lucas said. "It managed to miss everybody."
No other vehicles were involved in the accident, Lucas said, but the spill still slowed traffic for about two hours Friday. It took a crane to move the roll of sheet metal off the freeway.
The accident happened about 2:45 p.m. and was cleared by 5:30 p.m.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7