Provo police make arrest in storage shed burglary, return $10,000 in stolen items
PROVO — Police on Wednesday discovered $10,000 in stolen property and arrested one man in connection with a storage shed burglary.
Bruce Ray Olsen, 20, was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of burglary and possession of stolen property. Jail records show that Olsen also was booked into jail two other times since September for investigation for drug possession and disorderly conduct. He had been out of jail since Oct. 24.
"His charges are stacking up," Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post said.
On Tuesday, police received a report that five storage sheds had been broken into at 1630 S. State. Post said it appeared the burglar or burglars had gained entry to one storage shed and broken through the walls into other units, removing several thousand dollars in tools and stereo equipment.
"Once they make access into the first one, they just have to bust through some drywall to get into the next," Post said.
Following an investigation, officials obtained and served a search warrant at Olsen's residence at 1616 S. State, where $10,000 in alleged stolen property was found, Post said. The majority of the stolen property has been returned to its owners.
Post said he could not comment on how investigators connected Olsen to the crime because the information could interfere with ongoing investigations. He said investigators are still determining whether the burglary was committed by a single individual or if others were involved.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9