Provo police make arrest in storage shed burglary, return $10,000 in stolen items
PROVO — Police on Wednesday discovered $10,000 in stolen property and arrested one man in connection with a storage shed burglary.
Bruce Ray Olsen, 20, was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of burglary and possession of stolen property. Jail records show that Olsen also was booked into jail two other times since September for investigation for drug possession and disorderly conduct. He had been out of jail since Oct. 24.
"His charges are stacking up," Provo Police Sgt. Brandon Post said.
On Tuesday, police received a report that five storage sheds had been broken into at 1630 S. State. Post said it appeared the burglar or burglars had gained entry to one storage shed and broken through the walls into other units, removing several thousand dollars in tools and stereo equipment.
"Once they make access into the first one, they just have to bust through some drywall to get into the next," Post said.
Following an investigation, officials obtained and served a search warrant at Olsen's residence at 1616 S. State, where $10,000 in alleged stolen property was found, Post said. The majority of the stolen property has been returned to its owners.
Post said he could not comment on how investigators connected Olsen to the crime because the information could interfere with ongoing investigations. He said investigators are still determining whether the burglary was committed by a single individual or if others were involved.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11