Pianist William Joseph's 'Be Still: A Collection of Beloved Hymns' encourages listeners to slow down
Mormon pianist William Joseph’s talents and abilities have taken him on tour with Josh Groban while opening for many others in performances across the U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia. David Foster helped co-produce Joseph’s CDs “Within” and “Beyond” that included original music designed to be played in a concert hall.
In “Be Still,” Joseph takes a gentler approach with a dozen religious songs, including familiar songs in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hymnbook.
Each song, including “Come Thou Font,” “Be Still, My Soul,” "Nearer My God to Thee,” “Jesus Once of Humble Birth” and “How Great Thou Art,” quietly encourages a calming stillness.
LDS violinist Jenny Oaks Baker joins Joseph for a duet on “I Know That My Redeemer Lives.”
Other songs include an arrangement of “God Be With You” interwoven with “He is Risen,” and religious hymns “A New Day,” “I Rest in You,” “With Royal Praise” and “Amazing Grace.”
The Phoenix native also has an arrangement of “Silent Night.”
Joseph was 5 years old when he started writing solos for the piano and later, he won a scholarship to study with Russian pianist Stella Saperstein, who has settled in the Phoenix area.
Joseph says he hopes listeners will “turn off all the noise and just listen, and be still.” And this collection of sacred music encourages just that.
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- LDS Church leaders speak at RootsTech Family...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- Elder Oaks to speak at Johns Hopkins on...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 38
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 13
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5
- Hamblin & Peterson: Buddhism and violence 5