SANDY HILLS — Police were searching Thursday for a man who may have tried to abduct a child.
Around 8 a.m., a 9-year-old girl was walking to school near 1575 E. 8480 South when a man in a dark minivan pulled up alongside her. The man got out of the vehicle and grabbed the girl's arm, but let go after she kicked him in the knee, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. The man then grabbed the girl again, but let go after she elbowed him in the stomach.
Hoyal said the girl was able to run away, at which point the man got back in his van and fled the area. The girl arrived at school and told her friends of the attempted abduction. They then got the assistance of a teacher who contacted police.
The man is described as a white man in his late 20s or early 30s with shoulder-length brown hair. The victim also told police that he was wearing white sunglasses, a red beanie, a black hoodie, black sweatpants and black and white shoes.
Anyone with information on the man's identity, or who may have seen anything suspicious in the area, is asked to contact Unified police.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 121
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 26
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 17
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12