Violence: This is a movie about video games, and there are some games that involve shooting and zombies. Futuristic, military-style characters are shooting alien insects. One person is eaten by a bug. Ralph does get mad and pounds on things, but not really on people.
Gore: A zombie does have his heart pulled from his chest, but it is played for comedic effect. Nothing is extremely graphic. Some bug guts are shown when they are shot.
Language: There is some potty humor, but nothing a little kid wouldn’t use. There is no profanity in this film.
This is a great family movie that has a good message. Disney has made a short that runs in front of this film that is very nice — so don’t be late. There are characters making drinks in the film, though nothing is said about what is in the drink. There is a game that is set in an old bar, but everyone there is drinking root beer. Age 6 and up is a good age range for this film unless you feel your younger child can handle the gore of the bugs.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on youtube.com/byuradio and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- The 20 best family-friendly movies of 2014
- Did Disney succeed in creating a...
- 'Unbroken' is powerful, inspiring, exhausting
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Sony announces limited release for 'The...
- Cosby not finding support in black community
- Spain: Princess Cristina to be tried for fraud