Police seek 'key witness' in homicide investigation
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to find a man considered to be a "key witness" in the shooting death of another man at a party last weekend.
Valentin Sigala Jr., 20, was shot and killed Sunday at 1092 S. Glendale Drive (1350 West). The shooting was reportedly the culmination of an argument that broke out between various people, according to police.
On Monday, Phillip James Lucero, 22, turned himself in to Salt Lake police after he was charged with murder, a first-degree felony, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Thursday, detectives asked for the public's help in finding 21-year-old Jorge Alfredo Tapia, who investigators believe was also at the party.
Lucero was scheduled to make an initial appearance on the murder charge Thursday in 3rd District Court. Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18