SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to find a man considered to be a "key witness" in the shooting death of another man at a party last weekend.
Valentin Sigala Jr., 20, was shot and killed Sunday at 1092 S. Glendale Drive (1350 West). The shooting was reportedly the culmination of an argument that broke out between various people, according to police.
On Monday, Phillip James Lucero, 22, turned himself in to Salt Lake police after he was charged with murder, a first-degree felony, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Thursday, detectives asked for the public's help in finding 21-year-old Jorge Alfredo Tapia, who investigators believe was also at the party.
Lucero was scheduled to make an initial appearance on the murder charge Thursday in 3rd District Court. Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 14
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11