Police seek 'key witness' in homicide investigation
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to find a man considered to be a "key witness" in the shooting death of another man at a party last weekend.
Valentin Sigala Jr., 20, was shot and killed Sunday at 1092 S. Glendale Drive (1350 West). The shooting was reportedly the culmination of an argument that broke out between various people, according to police.
On Monday, Phillip James Lucero, 22, turned himself in to Salt Lake police after he was charged with murder, a first-degree felony, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Thursday, detectives asked for the public's help in finding 21-year-old Jorge Alfredo Tapia, who investigators believe was also at the party.
Lucero was scheduled to make an initial appearance on the murder charge Thursday in 3rd District Court. Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22