Police seek 'key witness' in homicide investigation
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to find a man considered to be a "key witness" in the shooting death of another man at a party last weekend.
Valentin Sigala Jr., 20, was shot and killed Sunday at 1092 S. Glendale Drive (1350 West). The shooting was reportedly the culmination of an argument that broke out between various people, according to police.
On Monday, Phillip James Lucero, 22, turned himself in to Salt Lake police after he was charged with murder, a first-degree felony, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Thursday, detectives asked for the public's help in finding 21-year-old Jorge Alfredo Tapia, who investigators believe was also at the party.
Lucero was scheduled to make an initial appearance on the murder charge Thursday in 3rd District Court. Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8