SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to find a man considered to be a "key witness" in the shooting death of another man at a party last weekend.
Valentin Sigala Jr., 20, was shot and killed Sunday at 1092 S. Glendale Drive (1350 West). The shooting was reportedly the culmination of an argument that broke out between various people, according to police.
On Monday, Phillip James Lucero, 22, turned himself in to Salt Lake police after he was charged with murder, a first-degree felony, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Thursday, detectives asked for the public's help in finding 21-year-old Jorge Alfredo Tapia, who investigators believe was also at the party.
Lucero was scheduled to make an initial appearance on the murder charge Thursday in 3rd District Court. Anyone with information can call police at 801-799-3000.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23