SALT LAKE CITY — Alaska Airlines on Thursday announced new twice-daily service between Seattle and Salt Lake City.
Year-round flights are scheduled to begin April 4, 2013.
"Salt Lake City represents the largest market out of Seattle that Alaska Airlines does not currently serve and has been a top request of our customers for more than a decade," Andrew Harrison, Alaska Airlines' vice president of planning and revenue management, said in a prepared statement. "With two daily nonstop flights, our customers will enjoy seamless connections to many destinations through Salt Lake City on our partner Delta Air Lines."
Alaska Airlines' new flights will be operated with Boeing 737-800 aircraft, accommodating 16 passengers in first class and 141 in the main cabin.
"We're delighted to welcome Alaska Airlines," said Maureen Riley, executive director of the Salt Lake City Department of Airports. "This new service will provide an important link to worldwide access for passengers."
To celebrate the new service, Alaska Airlines is offering one-way fares starting from $99 for tickets purchased by Nov. 8 for travel from April 4 to May 31, 2013. Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group, together with its partner regional airlines, serves 95 cities through its network in Alaska, the lower 48 states, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 81
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 43
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15