SALT LAKE CITY — Alaska Airlines on Thursday announced new twice-daily service between Seattle and Salt Lake City.
Year-round flights are scheduled to begin April 4, 2013.
"Salt Lake City represents the largest market out of Seattle that Alaska Airlines does not currently serve and has been a top request of our customers for more than a decade," Andrew Harrison, Alaska Airlines' vice president of planning and revenue management, said in a prepared statement. "With two daily nonstop flights, our customers will enjoy seamless connections to many destinations through Salt Lake City on our partner Delta Air Lines."
Alaska Airlines' new flights will be operated with Boeing 737-800 aircraft, accommodating 16 passengers in first class and 141 in the main cabin.
"We're delighted to welcome Alaska Airlines," said Maureen Riley, executive director of the Salt Lake City Department of Airports. "This new service will provide an important link to worldwide access for passengers."
To celebrate the new service, Alaska Airlines is offering one-way fares starting from $99 for tickets purchased by Nov. 8 for travel from April 4 to May 31, 2013. Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group, together with its partner regional airlines, serves 95 cities through its network in Alaska, the lower 48 states, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8