SALT LAKE CITY — Alaska Airlines on Thursday announced new twice-daily service between Seattle and Salt Lake City.
Year-round flights are scheduled to begin April 4, 2013.
"Salt Lake City represents the largest market out of Seattle that Alaska Airlines does not currently serve and has been a top request of our customers for more than a decade," Andrew Harrison, Alaska Airlines' vice president of planning and revenue management, said in a prepared statement. "With two daily nonstop flights, our customers will enjoy seamless connections to many destinations through Salt Lake City on our partner Delta Air Lines."
Alaska Airlines' new flights will be operated with Boeing 737-800 aircraft, accommodating 16 passengers in first class and 141 in the main cabin.
"We're delighted to welcome Alaska Airlines," said Maureen Riley, executive director of the Salt Lake City Department of Airports. "This new service will provide an important link to worldwide access for passengers."
To celebrate the new service, Alaska Airlines is offering one-way fares starting from $99 for tickets purchased by Nov. 8 for travel from April 4 to May 31, 2013. Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group, together with its partner regional airlines, serves 95 cities through its network in Alaska, the lower 48 states, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico.
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- Man saves 8-year-old sister-in-law from...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12