SALT LAKE CITY — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s National Chamber Foundation will host Hiring Our Heroes — Salt Lake City, a job fair for veterans and military spouses on Thursday, Nov. 8 at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
More than 120 employers are expected to participate in the event with positions available for veterans and military spouses of all ranks and levels of experience. The event will feature a free employment workshop that includes one-on-one mentoring sessions on resume building, resume writing and interviewing techniques for all job-seeking participants.
Interested employers and job seekers should register for free at hoh.greatjob.net. Walk-in job seekers are allowed. Veterans must provide military ID.
Hiring Our Heroes has held more than 320 hiring fairs nationwide since its inception in March 2011 — helping more than 10,400 veterans and military spouses find employment, according to the foundation. Thursday’s event is also part of a national campaign called Hiring 500,000 Heroes. The program aims to engage local business communities nationwide in committing to hire 500,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9