SALT LAKE CITY — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s National Chamber Foundation will host Hiring Our Heroes — Salt Lake City, a job fair for veterans and military spouses on Thursday, Nov. 8 at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
More than 120 employers are expected to participate in the event with positions available for veterans and military spouses of all ranks and levels of experience. The event will feature a free employment workshop that includes one-on-one mentoring sessions on resume building, resume writing and interviewing techniques for all job-seeking participants.
Interested employers and job seekers should register for free at hoh.greatjob.net. Walk-in job seekers are allowed. Veterans must provide military ID.
Hiring Our Heroes has held more than 320 hiring fairs nationwide since its inception in March 2011 — helping more than 10,400 veterans and military spouses find employment, according to the foundation. Thursday’s event is also part of a national campaign called Hiring 500,000 Heroes. The program aims to engage local business communities nationwide in committing to hire 500,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21