SALT LAKE CITY — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s National Chamber Foundation will host Hiring Our Heroes — Salt Lake City, a job fair for veterans and military spouses on Thursday, Nov. 8 at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
More than 120 employers are expected to participate in the event with positions available for veterans and military spouses of all ranks and levels of experience. The event will feature a free employment workshop that includes one-on-one mentoring sessions on resume building, resume writing and interviewing techniques for all job-seeking participants.
Interested employers and job seekers should register for free at hoh.greatjob.net. Walk-in job seekers are allowed. Veterans must provide military ID.
Hiring Our Heroes has held more than 320 hiring fairs nationwide since its inception in March 2011 — helping more than 10,400 veterans and military spouses find employment, according to the foundation. Thursday’s event is also part of a national campaign called Hiring 500,000 Heroes. The program aims to engage local business communities nationwide in committing to hire 500,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12