SALT LAKE CITY — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s National Chamber Foundation will host Hiring Our Heroes — Salt Lake City, a job fair for veterans and military spouses on Thursday, Nov. 8 at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
More than 120 employers are expected to participate in the event with positions available for veterans and military spouses of all ranks and levels of experience. The event will feature a free employment workshop that includes one-on-one mentoring sessions on resume building, resume writing and interviewing techniques for all job-seeking participants.
Interested employers and job seekers should register for free at hoh.greatjob.net. Walk-in job seekers are allowed. Veterans must provide military ID.
Hiring Our Heroes has held more than 320 hiring fairs nationwide since its inception in March 2011 — helping more than 10,400 veterans and military spouses find employment, according to the foundation. Thursday’s event is also part of a national campaign called Hiring 500,000 Heroes. The program aims to engage local business communities nationwide in committing to hire 500,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 32
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15