SALT LAKE CITY — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s National Chamber Foundation will host Hiring Our Heroes — Salt Lake City, a job fair for veterans and military spouses on Thursday, Nov. 8 at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
More than 120 employers are expected to participate in the event with positions available for veterans and military spouses of all ranks and levels of experience. The event will feature a free employment workshop that includes one-on-one mentoring sessions on resume building, resume writing and interviewing techniques for all job-seeking participants.
Interested employers and job seekers should register for free at hoh.greatjob.net. Walk-in job seekers are allowed. Veterans must provide military ID.
Hiring Our Heroes has held more than 320 hiring fairs nationwide since its inception in March 2011 — helping more than 10,400 veterans and military spouses find employment, according to the foundation. Thursday’s event is also part of a national campaign called Hiring 500,000 Heroes. The program aims to engage local business communities nationwide in committing to hire 500,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14