SANDY — A bicyclist was hit by a truck trying to get on I-15 Thursday.
The accident happened just before 7 a.m. on 9000 South near the onramp to northbound I-15. Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said a cyclist, approximately 18 years old, was riding while wearing dark clothing and earphones.
The bicyclist reportedly did not yield for the vehicles entering the freeway and was struck by a pickup truck, Johnson said. The impact from the collission tossed the cyclist 25 to 30 feet. His injuries were reportedly serious but not life threatening, he said.
“Early morning conditions like this — if you’re going to be on a bicycle on a busy road such as 9000 South — definitely wear reflective material,” added UHP trooper Robert Cowart. “Also obey all traffic signals. It’s the safest thing for you and the safest thing for the public around you.”
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15