BOUNTIFUL — Police are searching for a 24-year-old woman and her 6-year-old son, after the woman removed the boy without permission from his elementary school Wednesday.
Officials say Heather Lee Martin has a history of illegal substance use that impacts her ability to safely care for her son, who by court order is under custody of the State of Utah. She was last seen entering an elementary school in Bountiful and removing her son, Riley James Martin, who is autistic with communication challenges.
She was last seen wearing a white shirt and according to police appeared anxious, agitated and physically unkempt when she left the school. It is not known what type of vehicle the two may be traveling in or which direction they are heading.
Anyone with information on the woman's whereabouts is asked to contact the Bountiful Police Department.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 52
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 16
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15