BOUNTIFUL — Police are searching for a 24-year-old woman and her 6-year-old son, after the woman removed the boy without permission from his elementary school Wednesday.
Officials say Heather Lee Martin has a history of illegal substance use that impacts her ability to safely care for her son, who by court order is under custody of the State of Utah. She was last seen entering an elementary school in Bountiful and removing her son, Riley James Martin, who is autistic with communication challenges.
She was last seen wearing a white shirt and according to police appeared anxious, agitated and physically unkempt when she left the school. It is not known what type of vehicle the two may be traveling in or which direction they are heading.
Anyone with information on the woman's whereabouts is asked to contact the Bountiful Police Department.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 30
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 19
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12