BOUNTIFUL — Police are searching for a 24-year-old woman and her 6-year-old son, after the woman removed the boy without permission from his elementary school Wednesday.
Officials say Heather Lee Martin has a history of illegal substance use that impacts her ability to safely care for her son, who by court order is under custody of the State of Utah. She was last seen entering an elementary school in Bountiful and removing her son, Riley James Martin, who is autistic with communication challenges.
She was last seen wearing a white shirt and according to police appeared anxious, agitated and physically unkempt when she left the school. It is not known what type of vehicle the two may be traveling in or which direction they are heading.
Anyone with information on the woman's whereabouts is asked to contact the Bountiful Police Department.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15