BOUNTIFUL — Police are searching for a 24-year-old woman and her 6-year-old son, after the woman removed the boy without permission from his elementary school Wednesday.
Officials say Heather Lee Martin has a history of illegal substance use that impacts her ability to safely care for her son, who by court order is under custody of the State of Utah. She was last seen entering an elementary school in Bountiful and removing her son, Riley James Martin, who is autistic with communication challenges.
She was last seen wearing a white shirt and according to police appeared anxious, agitated and physically unkempt when she left the school. It is not known what type of vehicle the two may be traveling in or which direction they are heading.
Anyone with information on the woman's whereabouts is asked to contact the Bountiful Police Department.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 92
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12