BOUNTIFUL — Police are searching for a 24-year-old woman and her 6-year-old son, after the woman removed the boy without permission from his elementary school Wednesday.
Officials say Heather Lee Martin has a history of illegal substance use that impacts her ability to safely care for her son, who by court order is under custody of the State of Utah. She was last seen entering an elementary school in Bountiful and removing her son, Riley James Martin, who is autistic with communication challenges.
She was last seen wearing a white shirt and according to police appeared anxious, agitated and physically unkempt when she left the school. It is not known what type of vehicle the two may be traveling in or which direction they are heading.
Anyone with information on the woman's whereabouts is asked to contact the Bountiful Police Department.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15