BOUNTIFUL — Police are searching for a 24-year-old woman and her 6-year-old son, after the woman removed the boy without permission from his elementary school Wednesday.
Officials say Heather Lee Martin has a history of illegal substance use that impacts her ability to safely care for her son, who by court order is under custody of the State of Utah. She was last seen entering an elementary school in Bountiful and removing her son, Riley James Martin, who is autistic with communication challenges.
She was last seen wearing a white shirt and according to police appeared anxious, agitated and physically unkempt when she left the school. It is not known what type of vehicle the two may be traveling in or which direction they are heading.
Anyone with information on the woman's whereabouts is asked to contact the Bountiful Police Department.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 18
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 17
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 13
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9