Utah Jazz trail Dallas Mavericks 63-55 at halftime on opening night
Rick Bowmer, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Marvin Williams scored 12 points, Mo Williams added 10 and Paul Millsap grabbed 13 first-half rebounds, but the Utah Jazz trail the Dallas Mavericks, 63-55, at halftime on opening night.
New Mavs acquisition Darren Collison scored eight points in leading Dallas to an early 15-8 lead, but Marvin Williams answered with eight points of his own in a 10-2 Jazz run.
Mo Williams was forced to exit the game with two quick fouls, but he returned early in the second quarter and added six quick points in a two-minute span.
In the second quarter, the Jazz were aggressive in getting to the basket and earning free throws, making 16-of-21 attempts. But Dallas' hot 3-point shooting allowed the Mavericks to overcome the Jazz's free throws. The Mavs hit 10 out of 16 from long range.
Collison led all scorers with 13 first-half points.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: TheShums
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28