Michael Alisa came into the 2012 football season as BYU's primary ball carrier. There was high hope for Alisa, as he showed flashes of a former BYU running back Harvey Unga last season.
Alisa played football at Timpview High School in Provo, where he earned second-team All-State honors and helped the Thunderbirds to an undefeated season and the 4A state championship in 2006.
Alisa also played linebacker for the T-birds, and early in his Cougar career, it looked like that would be his college position. As a freshman he played mostly on specal teams, recording 11 tackles.
But he moved to the Cougar offense as a sophomore, and by the end of the season Alisa was the starting running back. He tallied 455 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns in 2011 and entered 2012 as the top back on the BYU depth chart.
Unfortunately, Alisa suffered a season-ending arm injury in BYU's victory over Hawaii earlier this season.
Alisa's injury is a setback in his young career. However, Alisa is accustomed to adversity. Check out this BYUtv Sports video and learn about Alisa's journey from a clumsy youth athlete to the gridiron at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Video: The story of BYU running back Michael Alisa
The journey of BYU running back Michael Alisa to the college gridiron.
Contact Gregory Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter at @GRoseDDM.
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- U. student government passes resolution... 88
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19