Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School charged with child sex abuse
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of a sexually abusing a child.
The alleged victim in the case was a male relative, not a student.
David Alan Papadakos, 43, was charged with two counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and nine counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
According to court documents, the teenage relative told police that Papadakos had groped or inappropriately touched him more than 30 times. The abuse went on from approximately April of 2010 to Mach of 2012.
Court documents also indicate investigators looked into possible abuse of a second relative.
Papadakos made an initial court appearance Wednesday. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Dec. 5.
He was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, and later became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Living — or dying — with...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 279
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 98
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 72
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 63
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 59
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45