Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School charged with child sex abuse
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of a sexually abusing a child.
The alleged victim in the case was a male relative, not a student.
David Alan Papadakos, 43, was charged with two counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and nine counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
According to court documents, the teenage relative told police that Papadakos had groped or inappropriately touched him more than 30 times. The abuse went on from approximately April of 2010 to Mach of 2012.
Court documents also indicate investigators looked into possible abuse of a second relative.
Papadakos made an initial court appearance Wednesday. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Dec. 5.
He was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, and later became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8