Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School charged with child sex abuse
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of a sexually abusing a child.
The alleged victim in the case was a male relative, not a student.
David Alan Papadakos, 43, was charged with two counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and nine counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
According to court documents, the teenage relative told police that Papadakos had groped or inappropriately touched him more than 30 times. The abuse went on from approximately April of 2010 to Mach of 2012.
Court documents also indicate investigators looked into possible abuse of a second relative.
Papadakos made an initial court appearance Wednesday. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Dec. 5.
He was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, and later became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- 'To this day, I don't believe I did it': War...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18