Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School charged with child sex abuse
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of a sexually abusing a child.
The alleged victim in the case was a male relative, not a student.
David Alan Papadakos, 43, was charged with two counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and nine counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
According to court documents, the teenage relative told police that Papadakos had groped or inappropriately touched him more than 30 times. The abuse went on from approximately April of 2010 to Mach of 2012.
Court documents also indicate investigators looked into possible abuse of a second relative.
Papadakos made an initial court appearance Wednesday. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Dec. 5.
He was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, and later became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12