Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School charged with child sex abuse
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of a sexually abusing a child.
The alleged victim in the case was a male relative, not a student.
David Alan Papadakos, 43, was charged with two counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and nine counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
According to court documents, the teenage relative told police that Papadakos had groped or inappropriately touched him more than 30 times. The abuse went on from approximately April of 2010 to Mach of 2012.
Court documents also indicate investigators looked into possible abuse of a second relative.
Papadakos made an initial court appearance Wednesday. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Dec. 5.
He was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, and later became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 18
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 17
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 16
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9