Stace Hall, Deseret News
WASHINGTON, Washington County — A 76-year-old man has been arrested for investigation of murder after his 76-year-old wife was found dead in their house.
David Benson was booked into the Washington County Jail on Wednesday. Police received a call about 8:45 a.m. of a possible death at the Bensons' residence in the Pine View Estates subdivision.
The call to 911 was made by a "family member," said Washington police spokesman Ed Kantor. He did not have details about how the family member knew to call 911, but noted that the call was made by someone other than the husband and was not made from inside the house.
When police arrived, they found Benson in the house. They also found the body of his wife, who apparently died from blunt force trauma, Kantor said. Benson was arrested without incident.
A possible motive for the killing was not released Wednesday. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14