Stace Hall, Deseret News
WASHINGTON, Washington County — A 76-year-old man has been arrested for investigation of murder after his 76-year-old wife was found dead in their house.
David Benson was booked into the Washington County Jail on Wednesday. Police received a call about 8:45 a.m. of a possible death at the Bensons' residence in the Pine View Estates subdivision.
The call to 911 was made by a "family member," said Washington police spokesman Ed Kantor. He did not have details about how the family member knew to call 911, but noted that the call was made by someone other than the husband and was not made from inside the house.
When police arrived, they found Benson in the house. They also found the body of his wife, who apparently died from blunt force trauma, Kantor said. Benson was arrested without incident.
A possible motive for the killing was not released Wednesday. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 27
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19