Stace Hall, Deseret News
WASHINGTON, Washington County — A 76-year-old man has been arrested for investigation of murder after his 76-year-old wife was found dead in their house.
David Benson was booked into the Washington County Jail on Wednesday. Police received a call about 8:45 a.m. of a possible death at the Bensons' residence in the Pine View Estates subdivision.
The call to 911 was made by a "family member," said Washington police spokesman Ed Kantor. He did not have details about how the family member knew to call 911, but noted that the call was made by someone other than the husband and was not made from inside the house.
When police arrived, they found Benson in the house. They also found the body of his wife, who apparently died from blunt force trauma, Kantor said. Benson was arrested without incident.
A possible motive for the killing was not released Wednesday. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14