Stace Hall, Deseret News
WASHINGTON, Washington County — A 76-year-old man has been arrested for investigation of murder after his 76-year-old wife was found dead in their house.
David Benson was booked into the Washington County Jail on Wednesday. Police received a call about 8:45 a.m. of a possible death at the Bensons' residence in the Pine View Estates subdivision.
The call to 911 was made by a "family member," said Washington police spokesman Ed Kantor. He did not have details about how the family member knew to call 911, but noted that the call was made by someone other than the husband and was not made from inside the house.
When police arrived, they found Benson in the house. They also found the body of his wife, who apparently died from blunt force trauma, Kantor said. Benson was arrested without incident.
A possible motive for the killing was not released Wednesday. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12