Stace Hall, Deseret News
WASHINGTON, Washington County — A 76-year-old man has been arrested for investigation of murder after his 76-year-old wife was found dead in their house.
David Benson was booked into the Washington County Jail on Wednesday. Police received a call about 8:45 a.m. of a possible death at the Bensons' residence in the Pine View Estates subdivision.
The call to 911 was made by a "family member," said Washington police spokesman Ed Kantor. He did not have details about how the family member knew to call 911, but noted that the call was made by someone other than the husband and was not made from inside the house.
When police arrived, they found Benson in the house. They also found the body of his wife, who apparently died from blunt force trauma, Kantor said. Benson was arrested without incident.
A possible motive for the killing was not released Wednesday. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11