PROVO, Utah – The BYU men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams will compete against UNLV on Saturday at 1 p.m. MDT at the Buchanan Natatorium.
“UNLV just beat Denver last weekend,” head coach John Brooks said. “They have a great guy’s and girl’s team and we’re going to look to battle it out down in the desert against them this weekend.”
Last season the teams split the dual meet with the Rebels with the men’s team losing 176-118, while the women’s team won 186-114. The women’s team has enjoyed some recent success against UNLV, with its last loss coming in 2004. The men’s team last beat UNLV in 2007 when it won 185-114 in Provo.
The Cougars currently have six swimmers with top times in the MPSF. For the women, Hailey Campbell has the top time in the conference in the 100 back (57.47), Kassandra Bispo has the top time in the 100 breast (1:04.46) and Alexandra Dodds has the top time in the 1650 free (17:37.11). On the men’s side, Shawn Western has the top time in the 1650 free (16:08.28), Brady Wells has the top time in the 100 breast (58.06) and Hayden Palmer has the top time in the 400 IM (3:58.21).
Check back to the men’s schedule page for results of the meet.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions relating to swimming.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- How about a Utah-BYU matchup in NCAA tournament?
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 102
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 76
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27