SALT LAKE CITY — One man was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and investigators Wednesday were looking for at least three others following a shootout during an apparent home invasion robbery.
About 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, a man knocked on a door at 2303 S. Green Street (640 East). The homeowner knew the man and answered. But three other men quickly forced their way inside behind the first man, according to Salt Lake police.
Words were exchanged in the house, and the situation quickly escalated to where both sides exchanged gunfire, said police detective Josh Ashdown.
A man, a woman and a 2-year-old were inside the house at the time. It was not immediately known Wednesday whether the child and the woman lived there, Ashdown said. The child was not injured.
During the exchange of gunfire, one man was shot in the knee. A short time later, he was driven to St. Mark's Hospital by an unidentified woman, Ashdown said. Jahod Isaac, 26, was treated for his injury and then booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated burglary.
Investigators went through the vehicle and questioned the woman who was not arrested, Ashdown said. He did not know Wednesday if Isaac called the woman or how she ended up driving him to the hospital.
Detectives were also investigating Wednesday how the homeowner and the man who knocked on the door knew each other.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12