SALT LAKE CITY — Police say an alleged burglar took a shower and helped herself to a glass of water before stealing $6,700 in property from a West Valley City home.
Sara Carlston, 35, was charged Tuesday with burglary and theft, both second-degree felonies, according to documents filed in 3rd District court.
A woman told police she arrived home Aug. 13 to find that someone had broken into her home and had stolen $6,700 in property. She also told police it appeared the burglar had taken a shower and removed a glass from her cupboard for a drink of water.
According to court documents, fingerprints found on the glass matched known prints belonging to Carlston. The woman told police she does not know Carlston, who is described in court documents as homeless.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12