SALT LAKE CITY — Police say an alleged burglar took a shower and helped herself to a glass of water before stealing $6,700 in property from a West Valley City home.
Sara Carlston, 35, was charged Tuesday with burglary and theft, both second-degree felonies, according to documents filed in 3rd District court.
A woman told police she arrived home Aug. 13 to find that someone had broken into her home and had stolen $6,700 in property. She also told police it appeared the burglar had taken a shower and removed a glass from her cupboard for a drink of water.
According to court documents, fingerprints found on the glass matched known prints belonging to Carlston. The woman told police she does not know Carlston, who is described in court documents as homeless.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12