SALT LAKE CITY — Police say an alleged burglar took a shower and helped herself to a glass of water before stealing $6,700 in property from a West Valley City home.
Sara Carlston, 35, was charged Tuesday with burglary and theft, both second-degree felonies, according to documents filed in 3rd District court.
A woman told police she arrived home Aug. 13 to find that someone had broken into her home and had stolen $6,700 in property. She also told police it appeared the burglar had taken a shower and removed a glass from her cupboard for a drink of water.
According to court documents, fingerprints found on the glass matched known prints belonging to Carlston. The woman told police she does not know Carlston, who is described in court documents as homeless.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 27