SALT LAKE CITY — Police say an alleged burglar took a shower and helped herself to a glass of water before stealing $6,700 in property from a West Valley City home.
Sara Carlston, 35, was charged Tuesday with burglary and theft, both second-degree felonies, according to documents filed in 3rd District court.
A woman told police she arrived home Aug. 13 to find that someone had broken into her home and had stolen $6,700 in property. She also told police it appeared the burglar had taken a shower and removed a glass from her cupboard for a drink of water.
According to court documents, fingerprints found on the glass matched known prints belonging to Carlston. The woman told police she does not know Carlston, who is described in court documents as homeless.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14