SALT LAKE CITY — Police say an alleged burglar took a shower and helped herself to a glass of water before stealing $6,700 in property from a West Valley City home.
Sara Carlston, 35, was charged Tuesday with burglary and theft, both second-degree felonies, according to documents filed in 3rd District court.
A woman told police she arrived home Aug. 13 to find that someone had broken into her home and had stolen $6,700 in property. She also told police it appeared the burglar had taken a shower and removed a glass from her cupboard for a drink of water.
According to court documents, fingerprints found on the glass matched known prints belonging to Carlston. The woman told police she does not know Carlston, who is described in court documents as homeless.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21