UVU golf: Wolverines close out fall slate with 16th-place finish
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The Utah Valley University men's golf team closed out the 2012 fall season at the Kiawah Classic on Tuesday with a final-round 309 to finish 16th.
UVU's Mason Casper, who was tied for the lead after Day 1, finished in a tie for 25th (68-79-76). He was followed by Corey Eccles (T33rd, 76-74-76), Brayden Eriksen (T67th, 78-78-77), Joey Olson (T89th, 80-78-80) and Preston Richards (T123rd, 82-83-80).
The University of South Carolina, led by winner Caleb Sturgeon (210) and runner-up Will Starke (212), won the tournament by 20 shots over Winthrop (879) and 26 shots over Jacksonville State.
The Wolverines return to action Feb. 11-12 at the Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invitational hosted by Southern Utah University.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20