UVU golf: Wolverines close out fall slate with 16th-place finish
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The Utah Valley University men's golf team closed out the 2012 fall season at the Kiawah Classic on Tuesday with a final-round 309 to finish 16th.
UVU's Mason Casper, who was tied for the lead after Day 1, finished in a tie for 25th (68-79-76). He was followed by Corey Eccles (T33rd, 76-74-76), Brayden Eriksen (T67th, 78-78-77), Joey Olson (T89th, 80-78-80) and Preston Richards (T123rd, 82-83-80).
The University of South Carolina, led by winner Caleb Sturgeon (210) and runner-up Will Starke (212), won the tournament by 20 shots over Winthrop (879) and 26 shots over Jacksonville State.
The Wolverines return to action Feb. 11-12 at the Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invitational hosted by Southern Utah University.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43