UVU golf: Wolverines close out fall slate with 16th-place finish
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The Utah Valley University men's golf team closed out the 2012 fall season at the Kiawah Classic on Tuesday with a final-round 309 to finish 16th.
UVU's Mason Casper, who was tied for the lead after Day 1, finished in a tie for 25th (68-79-76). He was followed by Corey Eccles (T33rd, 76-74-76), Brayden Eriksen (T67th, 78-78-77), Joey Olson (T89th, 80-78-80) and Preston Richards (T123rd, 82-83-80).
The University of South Carolina, led by winner Caleb Sturgeon (210) and runner-up Will Starke (212), won the tournament by 20 shots over Winthrop (879) and 26 shots over Jacksonville State.
The Wolverines return to action Feb. 11-12 at the Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invitational hosted by Southern Utah University.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28