Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Two men are at large and third was hospitalized Tuesday after a homeowner fired a handgun at home invaders, police said.
The incident took place about 3:20 p.m. at 2303 S. Green St., Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan said.
According to witnesses, a man, woman and child were inside the home when the man opened the door for an acquaintance. When he did, three adult men rushed inside the home, one of them armed with a gun, McGowan said.
The man then grabbed a handgun and fired multiple rounds at the suspects, who fled the scene, McGowan said. One man believed to have been involved in the incident later arrived at St. Mark's Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. He was expected to be released from the hospital Tuesday night.
The investigation was turned over to detectives with the gang unit, McGowan said. No arrests had been made as of Tuesday night.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12