Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Two men are at large and third was hospitalized Tuesday after a homeowner fired a handgun at home invaders, police said.
The incident took place about 3:20 p.m. at 2303 S. Green St., Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan said.
According to witnesses, a man, woman and child were inside the home when the man opened the door for an acquaintance. When he did, three adult men rushed inside the home, one of them armed with a gun, McGowan said.
The man then grabbed a handgun and fired multiple rounds at the suspects, who fled the scene, McGowan said. One man believed to have been involved in the incident later arrived at St. Mark's Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. He was expected to be released from the hospital Tuesday night.
The investigation was turned over to detectives with the gang unit, McGowan said. No arrests had been made as of Tuesday night.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 55
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 20
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 12
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9