Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Two men are at large and third was hospitalized Tuesday after a homeowner fired a handgun at home invaders, police said.
The incident took place about 3:20 p.m. at 2303 S. Green St., Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan said.
According to witnesses, a man, woman and child were inside the home when the man opened the door for an acquaintance. When he did, three adult men rushed inside the home, one of them armed with a gun, McGowan said.
The man then grabbed a handgun and fired multiple rounds at the suspects, who fled the scene, McGowan said. One man believed to have been involved in the incident later arrived at St. Mark's Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. He was expected to be released from the hospital Tuesday night.
The investigation was turned over to detectives with the gang unit, McGowan said. No arrests had been made as of Tuesday night.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Doug Robinson: Memo to the government: Feel...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 28
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17