Utah State soccer continues to climb the NCAA statistics, as the Aggies ranked second in the country in save percentage (.895) this week among the 330 teams that are ranked.
USU is second behind Cal State Northridge, which holds the top spot with a .898 save percentage. The Aggies are also fourth in the nation in goals against average with a 0.49 GAA. Florida State is first in the country with a 0.39 GAA.
Individually, senior goalkeeper Ashlyn Mulford is fifth in the NCAA in save percentage with a 0.896 save percentage. Evansville’s Simone Busby is first with a 0.940 save percentage. Mulford is also eighth in goals against average with her 0.49 GAA. Mercer’s Maggie Croop is first with a 0.26 GAA.
The WAC Co-Champion Aggies (11-2-6) host the WAC Tournament on Nov. 1-2, 4, in Logan, Utah, at Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field. Top-seeded Utah State will take on the winner of Thursday’s match between No. 4 Louisiana Tech and No. 5 Seattle on Friday, Nov. 2, at 2:30 p.m.
GameTracker and live streaming will be available for all five matches. All five matches can be seen on WAC.tv by accessing the soccer tournament package for a one-time price of $10.95.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25