UVU basketball: women's team hosts two exhibitions this week
Kelly Linde, UVU Athletics
OREM, Utah – The 2012-13 Utah Valley University women's basketball team will showcase its talents this week with two exhibitions. UVU will welcome New Mexico Highlands on Wednesday at 7 p.m. and Adams State on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Both contests will be played in the PE Building and will be free of charge. Live stats will be available for the games by visiting WolverineGreen.com. Live audio will also be available for Saturday's contest at WolverineGreen.com.
Coach Cathy Nixon enters her 18th season at the helm in Orem and welcomes back 10 letterwinners and three starters from her 2011-12 squad that finished 15-15 overall and second in the Great West Conference at 6-4. This season will mark the Wolverines' final year of play in the Great West, as it will head to the WAC next summer.
UVU also welcomes back the reigning conference player of the year this season in senior forward Sammie Jensen. A year ago Jensen averaged a double-double of 13.4 points and 10.1 rebounds per game.
Utah Valley will also mix in six newcomers to the fold this season. In all, the Wolverines will have seven seniors on the roster, as well as one junior, five sophomores and four freshmen.
Both New Mexico Highlands and Adams State are members of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) at the Division II level.
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information about Wolverine athletics, visit www.WolverineGreen.com.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14