COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A house fire Monday night resulted in a police officer and firefighter receiving minor injuries, officials said.
Unified Fire Authority Capt. Cliff Burningham said a fire began in the attic of a home at 7760 S. Towne Circle around 9:45 p.m. Crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but continued checking for hot spots for roughly an hour.
Burningham estimated the damage at between $25,000 and $50,000. Two people were at home at the time of the fire, he said, but were not injured. An assisting police officer was treated for smoke inhalation and transported to an area hospital. A firefighter was also treated for neck burns, Burningham said.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 21
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18