COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A house fire Monday night resulted in a police officer and firefighter receiving minor injuries, officials said.
Unified Fire Authority Capt. Cliff Burningham said a fire began in the attic of a home at 7760 S. Towne Circle around 9:45 p.m. Crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but continued checking for hot spots for roughly an hour.
Burningham estimated the damage at between $25,000 and $50,000. Two people were at home at the time of the fire, he said, but were not injured. An assisting police officer was treated for smoke inhalation and transported to an area hospital. A firefighter was also treated for neck burns, Burningham said.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- 10-year-old honored for saving little brother
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16