COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A house fire Monday night resulted in a police officer and firefighter receiving minor injuries, officials said.
Unified Fire Authority Capt. Cliff Burningham said a fire began in the attic of a home at 7760 S. Towne Circle around 9:45 p.m. Crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but continued checking for hot spots for roughly an hour.
Burningham estimated the damage at between $25,000 and $50,000. Two people were at home at the time of the fire, he said, but were not injured. An assisting police officer was treated for smoke inhalation and transported to an area hospital. A firefighter was also treated for neck burns, Burningham said.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13