COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A house fire Monday night resulted in a police officer and firefighter receiving minor injuries, officials said.
Unified Fire Authority Capt. Cliff Burningham said a fire began in the attic of a home at 7760 S. Towne Circle around 9:45 p.m. Crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but continued checking for hot spots for roughly an hour.
Burningham estimated the damage at between $25,000 and $50,000. Two people were at home at the time of the fire, he said, but were not injured. An assisting police officer was treated for smoke inhalation and transported to an area hospital. A firefighter was also treated for neck burns, Burningham said.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12