COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A house fire Monday night resulted in a police officer and firefighter receiving minor injuries, officials said.
Unified Fire Authority Capt. Cliff Burningham said a fire began in the attic of a home at 7760 S. Towne Circle around 9:45 p.m. Crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but continued checking for hot spots for roughly an hour.
Burningham estimated the damage at between $25,000 and $50,000. Two people were at home at the time of the fire, he said, but were not injured. An assisting police officer was treated for smoke inhalation and transported to an area hospital. A firefighter was also treated for neck burns, Burningham said.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19