KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – One day after shooting a 3-under par 68 in the first round of the Kiawah Classic and holding a share of the lead, Utah Valley University golfer Mason Casper shot an 8-over par 79 Monday to fall into a tie for 20th.
Corey Eccles turned in the round of the day for the Wolverines with a 3-over par 74 to jump into a tie for 39th heading into Tuesday's final round at the Turtle Point Golf Course.
For the second straight day Brayden Eriksen shot a 78 and sits in a tie for 71st, while Joey Olsen (78) was two shots better than his opening round and is tied for 85th. Preston Richards (83) is tied for 119th.
As a team, the Wolverines dropped from a tie for 15th into 16 by themselves with a two-day total 611.
The University of South Carolina, with three players in the top 10, leads the tournament by seven shots over the College of Charleston (782) and 12 shots over Wisconsin (587).
Stetson University's Dustin Dingus leads the tournament at 1-under par.
Final-round action gets underway Tuesday at 5:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18