KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – One day after shooting a 3-under par 68 in the first round of the Kiawah Classic and holding a share of the lead, Utah Valley University golfer Mason Casper shot an 8-over par 79 Monday to fall into a tie for 20th.
Corey Eccles turned in the round of the day for the Wolverines with a 3-over par 74 to jump into a tie for 39th heading into Tuesday's final round at the Turtle Point Golf Course.
For the second straight day Brayden Eriksen shot a 78 and sits in a tie for 71st, while Joey Olsen (78) was two shots better than his opening round and is tied for 85th. Preston Richards (83) is tied for 119th.
As a team, the Wolverines dropped from a tie for 15th into 16 by themselves with a two-day total 611.
The University of South Carolina, with three players in the top 10, leads the tournament by seven shots over the College of Charleston (782) and 12 shots over Wisconsin (587).
Stetson University's Dustin Dingus leads the tournament at 1-under par.
Final-round action gets underway Tuesday at 5:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 34
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28