KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – One day after shooting a 3-under par 68 in the first round of the Kiawah Classic and holding a share of the lead, Utah Valley University golfer Mason Casper shot an 8-over par 79 Monday to fall into a tie for 20th.
Corey Eccles turned in the round of the day for the Wolverines with a 3-over par 74 to jump into a tie for 39th heading into Tuesday's final round at the Turtle Point Golf Course.
For the second straight day Brayden Eriksen shot a 78 and sits in a tie for 71st, while Joey Olsen (78) was two shots better than his opening round and is tied for 85th. Preston Richards (83) is tied for 119th.
As a team, the Wolverines dropped from a tie for 15th into 16 by themselves with a two-day total 611.
The University of South Carolina, with three players in the top 10, leads the tournament by seven shots over the College of Charleston (782) and 12 shots over Wisconsin (587).
Stetson University's Dustin Dingus leads the tournament at 1-under par.
Final-round action gets underway Tuesday at 5:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 41
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28