KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – One day after shooting a 3-under par 68 in the first round of the Kiawah Classic and holding a share of the lead, Utah Valley University golfer Mason Casper shot an 8-over par 79 Monday to fall into a tie for 20th.
Corey Eccles turned in the round of the day for the Wolverines with a 3-over par 74 to jump into a tie for 39th heading into Tuesday's final round at the Turtle Point Golf Course.
For the second straight day Brayden Eriksen shot a 78 and sits in a tie for 71st, while Joey Olsen (78) was two shots better than his opening round and is tied for 85th. Preston Richards (83) is tied for 119th.
As a team, the Wolverines dropped from a tie for 15th into 16 by themselves with a two-day total 611.
The University of South Carolina, with three players in the top 10, leads the tournament by seven shots over the College of Charleston (782) and 12 shots over Wisconsin (587).
Stetson University's Dustin Dingus leads the tournament at 1-under par.
Final-round action gets underway Tuesday at 5:30 a.m. MT.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6