"Geth and the Deception of Dreams" is the second book in the Beyond Foo trilogy — a continuation of author Obert Skye's Leven Thumps five-book series.
The Beyond Foo triology focuses on a mysterious adventure that Geth the Lithen and Clover, Leven's syncopant, are pulled into beyond the borders of Foo in a land called Zendor.
Zendor is inhabited by cowboys, ballerinas, astrounauts and gymnasts — the dreams of children that became real and materialized in Zendor. However, because of an evil, self-appointed ruler named Payt and his army of boors, those dreams are stuck hiding underground and too afraid or resigned to fight for their own freedom.
Determined to dethrone Payt and set the people of Zendor free, Geth and Clover choose to remain in Zendor. But setting things right becomes more complicated when the dreams of Zendor are unwilling to cooperate. To add to the complications, Geth finds that he isn't as willing as he used to be to trust in fate.
Geth and Clover are left alone to overcome Payt until Geth is suddenly reunited with his brother Zale, whom Geth believed to be dead. Despite being a Lithen, a species known for their optimism and unceasing hope, Zale has become just as hopeless and resigned to darkness as everyone else.
Just when Geth thinks he has a plan that might work, and just when the dreams of Zendor find enough courage to help him, a traitor in their midst leaves even Geth a bit hopeless.
Is Geth's appearance in Zendor really part of the prophesied return of the Lithens? Or will it be their extinction?
Author Obert Skye's writing style is clever, humerous and delightfully absurd. Through his words Skye has created worlds, characters and candy that ignite the imagination of the reader — and provide reason to laugh out loud.
However, in order to fully appreciate and understand Geth and Clover, the main characters of the Beyond Foo triology, Skye assumes the reader has already come to know them from the Leven Thumps book series. Although the books can still be read on their own, much of the humor comes from assuming these characters are already well-known, old friends.
The Beyond Foo and Leven Thumps series are family-friendly reads that are fun and safe for any age. They contain no objectionable material.
Hikari Loftus is a graduate from the University of Utah.
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- CNN hires fired Trump campaign manager...
- The newscasters who have made the most cameos...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and...
- BYU alum Rob Gardner, Cinematic Pop featured...
- Extraterrestrial encounters: A look at 10...
- Hollywood's treatment of the disabled... 6
- BYU alum Rob Gardner, Cinematic Pop... 2
- Extraterrestrial encounters: A look at... 2
- 'Resurgence' is a weak payoff for fans... 2
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Life, choices... 1
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new... 0
- CNN hires fired Trump campaign manager... 0
- The newscasters who have made the most... 0