Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A cycling organization has recognized the University of Utah as a "silver" bicycle-friendly university.
The decision involved a review by the League of American Bicyclists and local judges who are familiar with the university and its peer institutions. According to the organization's website, a bicycle-friendly community welcomes cyclists by providing safe accommodation for cycling and encouraging people to bike for transportation and recreation.
The designation will last four years before the university must reapply to maintain or improve its status. The university already has plans to expand bicycle parking areas, offer bicycle valets at more university events, bolster its bicycle rental program and to develop more bicycle paths and routes.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 268
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 23
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16