SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City School District and the Salt Lake City Board of Education have announced JoAnn Bussell as the 2013 District Teacher of the Year and Nikki Orton as the 2013 District Special Education Teacher of the Year.
Bussell teaches third grade at Emerson Elementary School, and Orton is a special education teacher at West High School.
Both Bussell and Orton were selected after a screening and interview process. A committee of Salt Lake Education Foundation members, district employees and community representatives made the selections.
Bussell received $2,000 from the Salt Lake Education Foundation. Orton received a check for $1,000 from an anonymous donor.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 41
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17