SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City School District and the Salt Lake City Board of Education have announced JoAnn Bussell as the 2013 District Teacher of the Year and Nikki Orton as the 2013 District Special Education Teacher of the Year.
Bussell teaches third grade at Emerson Elementary School, and Orton is a special education teacher at West High School.
Both Bussell and Orton were selected after a screening and interview process. A committee of Salt Lake Education Foundation members, district employees and community representatives made the selections.
Bussell received $2,000 from the Salt Lake Education Foundation. Orton received a check for $1,000 from an anonymous donor.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 103
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 62
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 39
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 38
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24