SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City School District and the Salt Lake City Board of Education have announced JoAnn Bussell as the 2013 District Teacher of the Year and Nikki Orton as the 2013 District Special Education Teacher of the Year.
Bussell teaches third grade at Emerson Elementary School, and Orton is a special education teacher at West High School.
Both Bussell and Orton were selected after a screening and interview process. A committee of Salt Lake Education Foundation members, district employees and community representatives made the selections.
Bussell received $2,000 from the Salt Lake Education Foundation. Orton received a check for $1,000 from an anonymous donor.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 28
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17