Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Liberty Mutual on Monday presented the Firemark award to the Salt Lake City Fire Department.
The award represents two separate incidents responded to by the department. The first incident, was on the morning of Feb. 2, was a three-alarm blaze that heavily damaged the Pioneer Sawdust Co. plant and several, smaller adjacent businesses in west Salt Lake City. Battalion Chief Tom Roberson was incident commander during that fire. He and crews from SLCFD's A Platoon were honored during Monday's presentation.
The second incident was a two-alarm fire at the North Aspen apartment complex, located at 1722 W. 400 North, which took place the morning of March 29. During that fire, firefighters used ladders to evacuate several residents and their pets from second- and third-floor balconies.
Battalion Chief Clair Baldwin, who was incident commander during that fire, and crews from SLCFD's B Platoon will be honored in a similar presentation on Nov. 6.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 11