Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Liberty Mutual on Monday presented the Firemark award to the Salt Lake City Fire Department.
The award represents two separate incidents responded to by the department. The first incident, was on the morning of Feb. 2, was a three-alarm blaze that heavily damaged the Pioneer Sawdust Co. plant and several, smaller adjacent businesses in west Salt Lake City. Battalion Chief Tom Roberson was incident commander during that fire. He and crews from SLCFD's A Platoon were honored during Monday's presentation.
The second incident was a two-alarm fire at the North Aspen apartment complex, located at 1722 W. 400 North, which took place the morning of March 29. During that fire, firefighters used ladders to evacuate several residents and their pets from second- and third-floor balconies.
Battalion Chief Clair Baldwin, who was incident commander during that fire, and crews from SLCFD's B Platoon will be honored in a similar presentation on Nov. 6.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 94
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 34
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24