SALT LAKE CITY — The National Forest Service has announced the dates when Christmas tree permits will go on sale for people who wish to obtain a tree from federal lands.
For the Ashley National Forest, permits will go on sale Nov. 16 and can be purchased at the Flaming Gorge, Duchesne and Vernal ranger district offices.
Dixie National Forest permits are available now at the Powell Ranger District office in Panguitch. Permits go on sale Nov. 5 at the Cedar City Ranger District and the St. George interagency visitors center, and Nov. 6 at the Escalante Ranger District.
Permits are now available for Fishlake National Forest at the Beaver and Fremont ranger districts. The Fillmore Ranger District will offer permits beginning Nov. 13, and the Richfield Ranger District will offer them starting Nov. 15.
The Manti-La Sal National Forest will begin selling permits Nov. 19 at its district offices in Ephraim, Ferron, Moab and Monticello.
For the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forests, permits will be sold Nov. 2-3 at Soldier Hollow Lodge in Midway. The Evanston and Mt. View ranger districts will sell permits beginning Nov. 13.
Permits cost $10 with a limit of one permit and one tree per household.
For more information on Christmas tree cutting on Bureau of Land Management areas, call the BLM state office at 801-539-4001 or the BLM Salt Lake District at 801-977-4300. For information on tree cutting on state lands, call 801-538-7302.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20