SALT LAKE CITY — The National Forest Service has announced the dates when Christmas tree permits will go on sale for people who wish to obtain a tree from federal lands.
For the Ashley National Forest, permits will go on sale Nov. 16 and can be purchased at the Flaming Gorge, Duchesne and Vernal ranger district offices.
Dixie National Forest permits are available now at the Powell Ranger District office in Panguitch. Permits go on sale Nov. 5 at the Cedar City Ranger District and the St. George interagency visitors center, and Nov. 6 at the Escalante Ranger District.
Permits are now available for Fishlake National Forest at the Beaver and Fremont ranger districts. The Fillmore Ranger District will offer permits beginning Nov. 13, and the Richfield Ranger District will offer them starting Nov. 15.
The Manti-La Sal National Forest will begin selling permits Nov. 19 at its district offices in Ephraim, Ferron, Moab and Monticello.
For the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forests, permits will be sold Nov. 2-3 at Soldier Hollow Lodge in Midway. The Evanston and Mt. View ranger districts will sell permits beginning Nov. 13.
Permits cost $10 with a limit of one permit and one tree per household.
For more information on Christmas tree cutting on Bureau of Land Management areas, call the BLM state office at 801-539-4001 or the BLM Salt Lake District at 801-977-4300. For information on tree cutting on state lands, call 801-538-7302.
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 30
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7