SALT LAKE CITY — The National Forest Service has announced the dates when Christmas tree permits will go on sale for people who wish to obtain a tree from federal lands.
For the Ashley National Forest, permits will go on sale Nov. 16 and can be purchased at the Flaming Gorge, Duchesne and Vernal ranger district offices.
Dixie National Forest permits are available now at the Powell Ranger District office in Panguitch. Permits go on sale Nov. 5 at the Cedar City Ranger District and the St. George interagency visitors center, and Nov. 6 at the Escalante Ranger District.
Permits are now available for Fishlake National Forest at the Beaver and Fremont ranger districts. The Fillmore Ranger District will offer permits beginning Nov. 13, and the Richfield Ranger District will offer them starting Nov. 15.
The Manti-La Sal National Forest will begin selling permits Nov. 19 at its district offices in Ephraim, Ferron, Moab and Monticello.
For the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forests, permits will be sold Nov. 2-3 at Soldier Hollow Lodge in Midway. The Evanston and Mt. View ranger districts will sell permits beginning Nov. 13.
Permits cost $10 with a limit of one permit and one tree per household.
For more information on Christmas tree cutting on Bureau of Land Management areas, call the BLM state office at 801-539-4001 or the BLM Salt Lake District at 801-977-4300. For information on tree cutting on state lands, call 801-538-7302.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Man dies after being shot in the head at Salt...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah to appeal polygamy ruling in... 13