SALT LAKE CITY — The National Forest Service has announced the dates when Christmas tree permits will go on sale for people who wish to obtain a tree from federal lands.
For the Ashley National Forest, permits will go on sale Nov. 16 and can be purchased at the Flaming Gorge, Duchesne and Vernal ranger district offices.
Dixie National Forest permits are available now at the Powell Ranger District office in Panguitch. Permits go on sale Nov. 5 at the Cedar City Ranger District and the St. George interagency visitors center, and Nov. 6 at the Escalante Ranger District.
Permits are now available for Fishlake National Forest at the Beaver and Fremont ranger districts. The Fillmore Ranger District will offer permits beginning Nov. 13, and the Richfield Ranger District will offer them starting Nov. 15.
The Manti-La Sal National Forest will begin selling permits Nov. 19 at its district offices in Ephraim, Ferron, Moab and Monticello.
For the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forests, permits will be sold Nov. 2-3 at Soldier Hollow Lodge in Midway. The Evanston and Mt. View ranger districts will sell permits beginning Nov. 13.
Permits cost $10 with a limit of one permit and one tree per household.
For more information on Christmas tree cutting on Bureau of Land Management areas, call the BLM state office at 801-539-4001 or the BLM Salt Lake District at 801-977-4300. For information on tree cutting on state lands, call 801-538-7302.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Thousands of Primary Care Network slots in...
- Salt Lake City Council allocates $65,000 to...
- Logan woman gets 2 to 30 years in prison for...
- Man suffers spinal fractures in violent...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake City Council allocates... 8
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8