SALT LAKE CITY — The National Forest Service has announced the dates when Christmas tree permits will go on sale for people who wish to obtain a tree from federal lands.
For the Ashley National Forest, permits will go on sale Nov. 16 and can be purchased at the Flaming Gorge, Duchesne and Vernal ranger district offices.
Dixie National Forest permits are available now at the Powell Ranger District office in Panguitch. Permits go on sale Nov. 5 at the Cedar City Ranger District and the St. George interagency visitors center, and Nov. 6 at the Escalante Ranger District.
Permits are now available for Fishlake National Forest at the Beaver and Fremont ranger districts. The Fillmore Ranger District will offer permits beginning Nov. 13, and the Richfield Ranger District will offer them starting Nov. 15.
The Manti-La Sal National Forest will begin selling permits Nov. 19 at its district offices in Ephraim, Ferron, Moab and Monticello.
For the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forests, permits will be sold Nov. 2-3 at Soldier Hollow Lodge in Midway. The Evanston and Mt. View ranger districts will sell permits beginning Nov. 13.
Permits cost $10 with a limit of one permit and one tree per household.
For more information on Christmas tree cutting on Bureau of Land Management areas, call the BLM state office at 801-539-4001 or the BLM Salt Lake District at 801-977-4300. For information on tree cutting on state lands, call 801-538-7302.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14