USU football: Aggies receive votes in Coaches' Poll to rank tied for 39th in the nation
Billy Calzada, AP
Following its third straight win, a 48-17 road victory at UTSA, Utah State football received four votes in this week’s ESPN/USA Today Coaches’ Poll to rank tied for 39th in the nation along with Western Kentucky.
It is the second time this year Utah State has received top 25 votes, as it garnered one vote in the Associated Press top 25 poll following its 27-20 overtime win at home against Utah on Sept. 7.
Prior to this season, the last time Utah State received votes in any top 25 poll was in 1978 when that Aggie team won its first five games of the year to rank 18th in the country in the United Press International Poll.
Utah State is one of two Western Athletic Conference teams to receive top 25 votes this week as Louisiana Tech (7-1, 2-0 WAC) is ranked 22nd in the AP poll and 23rd in the coaches’ poll. USU will play at LTU on Saturday, Nov. 17.
Utah State continues WAC play at home this weekend against Texas State (3-4, 1-1WAC) on Saturday, Nov. 3, at 1 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 22