USU football: Aggies receive votes in Coaches' Poll to rank tied for 39th in the nation
Billy Calzada, AP
Following its third straight win, a 48-17 road victory at UTSA, Utah State football received four votes in this week’s ESPN/USA Today Coaches’ Poll to rank tied for 39th in the nation along with Western Kentucky.
It is the second time this year Utah State has received top 25 votes, as it garnered one vote in the Associated Press top 25 poll following its 27-20 overtime win at home against Utah on Sept. 7.
Prior to this season, the last time Utah State received votes in any top 25 poll was in 1978 when that Aggie team won its first five games of the year to rank 18th in the country in the United Press International Poll.
Utah State is one of two Western Athletic Conference teams to receive top 25 votes this week as Louisiana Tech (7-1, 2-0 WAC) is ranked 22nd in the AP poll and 23rd in the coaches’ poll. USU will play at LTU on Saturday, Nov. 17.
Utah State continues WAC play at home this weekend against Texas State (3-4, 1-1WAC) on Saturday, Nov. 3, at 1 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37