USU football: Aggies receive votes in Coaches' Poll to rank tied for 39th in the nation
Billy Calzada, AP
Following its third straight win, a 48-17 road victory at UTSA, Utah State football received four votes in this week’s ESPN/USA Today Coaches’ Poll to rank tied for 39th in the nation along with Western Kentucky.
It is the second time this year Utah State has received top 25 votes, as it garnered one vote in the Associated Press top 25 poll following its 27-20 overtime win at home against Utah on Sept. 7.
Prior to this season, the last time Utah State received votes in any top 25 poll was in 1978 when that Aggie team won its first five games of the year to rank 18th in the country in the United Press International Poll.
Utah State is one of two Western Athletic Conference teams to receive top 25 votes this week as Louisiana Tech (7-1, 2-0 WAC) is ranked 22nd in the AP poll and 23rd in the coaches’ poll. USU will play at LTU on Saturday, Nov. 17.
Utah State continues WAC play at home this weekend against Texas State (3-4, 1-1WAC) on Saturday, Nov. 3, at 1 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 47
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27