USU football: Aggies receive votes in Coaches' Poll to rank tied for 39th in the nation
Billy Calzada, AP
Following its third straight win, a 48-17 road victory at UTSA, Utah State football received four votes in this week’s ESPN/USA Today Coaches’ Poll to rank tied for 39th in the nation along with Western Kentucky.
It is the second time this year Utah State has received top 25 votes, as it garnered one vote in the Associated Press top 25 poll following its 27-20 overtime win at home against Utah on Sept. 7.
Prior to this season, the last time Utah State received votes in any top 25 poll was in 1978 when that Aggie team won its first five games of the year to rank 18th in the country in the United Press International Poll.
Utah State is one of two Western Athletic Conference teams to receive top 25 votes this week as Louisiana Tech (7-1, 2-0 WAC) is ranked 22nd in the AP poll and 23rd in the coaches’ poll. USU will play at LTU on Saturday, Nov. 17.
Utah State continues WAC play at home this weekend against Texas State (3-4, 1-1WAC) on Saturday, Nov. 3, at 1 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 25