For the third time in eight years, the Utah State soccer team earned the No. 1 seed in the upcoming Western Athletic Conference Tournament in Logan, Utah, happening Nov. 1-2, 4.
The defending WAC Tournament champions were the top seed last season when the Aggies defeated second-seeded Fresno State in the title match, 1-0, in Fresno, Calif. USU also earned the No. 1 seed in 2008 when Utah State fell to second-seeded Fresno State in the championship match in Reno, Nev., 2-1, in double overtime.
Despite sharing the regular-season title with Denver, the Aggies earned the top seed by defeating Louisiana Tech, while the Pioneers tied the Lady Techsters. Texas State is the third-seed and will take on sixth-seeded Idaho in the tournament’s first match on Thursday, Nov. 1, at noon. In the second match of the day, fourth-seeded Louisiana Tech will take on fifth-seeded Seattle at 2:30.
On Friday, Nov. 2, second-seeded Denver will take on the winner of the match between Texas State and Idaho at noon. The top-seeded Aggies will then face the winner of the match between Louisiana Tech and Seattle at 2:30 p.m. Utah State defeated the Lady Techsters and the Redhawks in the regular season.
The championship match will be at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 4, with the winner earning the WAC’s automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
GameTracker and live streaming will be available for all five matches. All five matches can be seen on WAC.tv by accessing the soccer tournament package for a one-time price of $10.95.
Tickets for the 2012 WAC Soccer Tournament can be purchased as either an all-session pass or as single-session tickets. A single session ticket allows access to one day’s worth of matches. All tickets are for general admission seating.
To purchase WAC Soccer Tournament Tickets contact the Utah State ticket office on the USU website or call their ticket office at 1-888-UState-1 (1-888-878-2831).
The 2012 WAC Soccer Tournament will consist of five games in three sessions. Ticket prices are as follows:
Students (w/valid student ID)$8/$5
Youth (Under 18) and Seniors (Over 55)$8/$5
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Cougars in the pros: Lasike scores first pro...
- BYU football: Suspensions impacting both BYU...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Brad Rock: Utes to Harbaugh: Update your...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- BYU at Nebraska football: How to watch and...
- Friday Morning QB: Stars and stats from...
- Nebraska looking to set tone of Mike Riley...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to... 110
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 80
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 72
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 43
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Brad Rock: Take expletives, not... 35
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 30